t h r e e

"You will never age for me,
nor fade, nor die."

Along with the others you were born on the same day. Like the others you had powers. You were special. But unlike the others you weren't adopted. Sr. Reginald Hargreeves did indeed try to buy you of your mother , Annabel, but she refused. So you grew up with her and your father, Sr. Grimmest, however soon they realized you had powers. You could control life forces. Store, infuse, and project. Take energy and keep it for yourself or give it to someone special. Maybe use it as a forceful energy to move things. Many people lose life everyday so your body puts you to sleep in order to store it. Take to much away you're in a sleep like death.

Being that way did include some restrictions like not being able to go outside. In your room was a big bay window from it you could see the school and playground were all the other kids played. As a child you could never understand why your parents wouldn't let you go to school and began to get lonely. Unbeknownst to the outside dangers, when you turned 13 you ran outside. To no surprise your mother and father went after you.

Flashback:

The rain splattered on the ground. I took a quick turn into a alley hoping it would lead to the playground. The sun was setting and I could hear my mother's calls behind me. Further in the alley to large men came up to me, I stopped in my tracks. My mother ran up behind me halting as soon as she saw them. Their grins were seen along the shadows as they reaching in their coats and brought out guns. I trembled in terror.

They began to circle us giving us little pushes back and forth. My mother wrapped her arms around me protectively. She didn't let go. Eventually the men grabbed her purse. She tried to grab it back which only caused it to get worse. They pushed her to the ground and the one man went up to her. Held up the gun. And...

BANG.

My whole world went dark. The life drained out of my mother's body leaving her lips a light pink and skin pain. The sparkle in her eyes glistened away. Her usual smile faltered. My heart dropped. My whole body dropped. The rain hit my cheeks mixed with my tears still facing her I stood up. Behind me the men snickered. I slowly turned around and this was the time I discovered how far my powers could go.

The powers surged out of me. I reached my hand out to the one man and I could feel his heartbeat , my eyes glowed golden. I slowly brought my hands to a fist and down he went. I turned to the other man.

I had my hand out slowly closing it. I walked over to him. His expression dropped, I'm sure he knew what was happening. I didn't plan to kill anyone but the pain inside me led me to believe this was the only way to avenge my mother. I gripped my hand so hard my nails dug into my skin. I watched his expression fade to nothing the rain run down his face. And soon he dropped dead.

It took me a second to realize what i had done and i screamed. I ran back to my mother holding her body in my arms. "I'm sorry Mummy, I'm s-so sorry" I heard the rain splash and my father came running, then he saw her body, in my arms. His body stiffened, his faced drained. His heart froze. He slowly approached and dropped to his knees. He never felt so much pain. The love of his life. Dead.

I continued sobbing so loud I drained out all other noises. Sirens were later heard and her body was taken. I sat on the steps of a building looking on to nothing. My eyes red from crying. The life drained from me. The police were in front of me questioning everything but I couldn't talk or even look at them.

News led on that the most popular and loved woman died and me and my father stayed inside the house. He tried to cheer me up. It never worked. I couldn't protect her and my powers led to her death. If only I listened. I studied my powers more and more. Then one night I got a eerie idea. I whipped out my pen and paper and began to write.

________________
Grimmest's POV

I walked up the stairs to y/n bedroom. The door was slightly cracked and I opened it. She was already in bed and I assumed maybe this was the start of a new beginning, one where we could move on. She hadn't slept in days but now it seemed so calm. But then I noticed a letter in her hands. I walked over and opened it.

Dear dad,

I hope you get why I have to do this. I can't hurt anyone else, I failed to protect mom something I will never get over. I failed her... you. I hope you can forgive me, maybe one day I'll even forgive myself. I put myself in the slumber. I might never wake up, I'll wake when I'm truly needed. These powers are powerful and need to be conserved. Please remember i will always truly love you...and mom.

Love, Your daughter , Y/n

Flashback ended.

||