t e n

"when your asleep you feel less pain, maybe that's why you refuse to wake up."

___________
Five's POV

After we escaped the Grimmest household we drove back home. It seemed more calm. I don't know just less hurried, and I could finally breathe. She look so peaceful, Y/n I mean. She look better in real life like all her features were magical enhanced to show more life. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. Jeez five you are crushing on a girl who's probably 45 years younger than you—mentally anyways.
Suddenly the car pulled to a stop; we had arrived back home. Luther reached for Y/n but I slapped his hand. He gave me a confused, hurt glare and I had realized what I'd done. I felt the heat rise up my face. Shit I look like an idiot. I heard Diego chuckle.

"Looks like someone is crushi-"

"Shut up Diego," I looked sternly at him. He shut up but not before making a heart with his hands. Klaus feel asleep on Diego's lap so I made a heart back. Diego glared at me. Asshole.

Luther carried y/n up to the spare room and placed her in the bed.
This is the spare room btw.

Her hair fell to the sides like before and her body sunk into the bed

Her hair fell to the sides like before and her body sunk into the bed. He left to go find Allison leaving me with the lifeless girl. I sat on the bed and somehow found myself talking to her.

"Hey, I'm really hoping you'll wake up. I-i kinda need your help. Damn you're pretty. T-this is kinda weird"

"Definitely." I swung my head around to see Klaus smirking in the doorway. The hell! I shot him a glare. He put his hands up in surrender. He then walked over and sat by me.

"Chill Hermano, it's ok to find a girl cute." I scoffed. I didn't really find her pretty, with her h/l hair, and her long lashes- the hell I sound like a pervert.

Klaus laughed at my sudden expressions. He stood up to leave but quickly turned.

"Oh I found this on her bed, it said umbrella academy so I'd thought I'd take it."

"Thanks Klaus" I have a small smile.

"AW WAS THAT A SMILE" klaus yelled.

"N-NO."

"AH IT WAS!"

"NO." I chucked a pillow at him as he closed the door. I sat there for a while staring at the letter then y/n. This went on for a while until I finally yanked the envelope open.

Hello Umbrella Academy,
If you received this letter I'm no longer here. It's been a long time since I've felt so free. I needed to protect y/n for so long that even if I knew the time was coming, I stayed strong for her. I used my life to protect y/n's and finally I can go knowing she'll be safe. Please protect her. When the day comes and she opens her eyes to find I'm not there...let her know her father loves her very much. As for you I wish you luck and happiness. I'm sorry I had to go but I'm counting on you.
Sincerely,
Mr. Grimmest

I sat there completely froze. I was confused and stressed but if there was anything I knew I'd protect y/n. Until the end.

||