f o u r t e e n

"Sometimes we sink
Sometimes we swim
But I'm floating"

________
Y/n POV

I walked for a hour until I reached the familiar path that led to the dock.

My fingers lightly brushed every flower as I passed

My fingers lightly brushed every flower as I passed. A pretty pink flower locked between my fingers so I placed it in my hair. I walked for a few more minutes until I finally reached it.

 I walked for a few more minutes until I finally reached it

The dock from my childhood. Although I barely went outside as a child there was one day every year I'd go to this dock. On my birthday, my parents would come upstairs with a plate of pancakes, they'd tell me to get dressed and we'd go swimming in the lake. I sat on the end of the dock letting my feet hang over, I kicked them lightly back and forth. I remember so many wonderful times here. I closed my eyes and just let myself remember.

//Flashback//

It was my 13th birthday, I got dressed in a dark green one piece swimsuit. Over it I put on a full bottom down dress. That way I could easily take it off.

I headed downstairs to see my mother in a blue flowered button down and my father in swim shorts with a white button down on top

I headed downstairs to see my mother in a blue flowered button down and my father in swim shorts with a white button down on top. I smiled at them greeting them. They both ushered me out the door. It took about a half an hour to get there but the car windows were down so it didn't matter.
When we got there we unloaded the picnic blanket and placed it at the end of the dock. When dad went to go fetch the basket I took the camera I had around my neck in my hands. I focused it on my mom and snapped the photo.

The Polaroid came out and I smiled at it

The Polaroid came out and I smiled at it. I stuck it in my pocket. My dad then came with the picnic basket and we smiled at sat, we started eating for a bit. After talking and having a splendid time, we finally went to go swimming.
We all jumped in, we started splashing one another and diving in the water. We had raced to the dock and we'd float on top the water. We played with a beach ball and chased each other on the sand.
When the sun started to set we sat at the edge with our toes lightly placed on the water and watched the sunset. That was the last time. The last sunset, the last dock day with them. With my family.

//end flashback//

__________
Five's POV

I was starting to get worried. Y/n ran off a while ago and hadn't come back yet. The others said she might have needed time to cool off but this long? I decided to try and jump to her.

I did a spatial jump and ended up at a dock. Sure enough y/n was sitting there at the end. I was amazed by the beauty of this place. I took a moment to let it sink in before I started towards her. I didn't say anything, I just sat beside her. She was quietly sobbing and frankly I didn't know what to do. So I just sat there.

" I used to come her with my mom and dad." She said plainly. I looked at her. "For my birthday, my 13th birthday was the last time I'd seen this place. It brings back memories." She smiled sadly and tears slid down her face.

"Y/n, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It was foolish of me, I guess I just didn't want to hurt you."

"It hurt me that you didn't."

"Yeah. I'm not one to deal with feelings I guess."

"Isn't that what you're doing right now?" She looked at me. Her eyes seemingly looking into my soul.

"I guess so." I gave her a small smile before looking at the horizon.

"I forgive you then."

"You do?"

"Five. I'm pissed at you but if the world truly is ending... I can't be mad forever. You should've told me. However, you get a pass bc i'm sure trying to figure all this shit out is hard enough."

I only nodded. She stared forward.

"Plus even if we don't admit it. Everyone needs someone. Being alone isn't healthy at a time like this." She put her hand on mine.

"Yeah." I locked our fingers. We stared at the sunset for a while in silence.

Soon enough the stars came out. "Maybe we should leave, it's getting late."

" C-can we stay? I've never watched the stars when we came here. We always left before they came out."

"Sure we can stay." We laid on our backs on the dock and looked up at the sky. Our hands were still locked together but she didn't seem to mind. I didn't mind. We stayed that way for a few hours.

After a little bit I decided maybe we should go. However, y/n fell asleep. It was hard for her before to get to bed so I decided not to wake her. Instead I picked her up and spatial jumped to her room. I placed her in her bed and took her shoes off. I placed the blanket over her, and pushed a piece of stray hair behind her ear. I started to walk away but stopped and look out the window and to the stars. I smiled then headed to my room to go to sleep.

||

A/n:Finally updated

A/n:
Finally updated. I've been working on my other books, make sure to check them out. 'A film by Peter Parker' is really moving forward and it'd mean a lot if you checked it out and voted and commented on it. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and make sure to vote on it and again comment. The favorite comment chapter will be done every 15 chapters so yeah. Anyways I'll see you green beanz next chapter!