n i n e

"Love is harm, Harm is tears
But that's ok, Especially when
you're dying of thirst"

___________
Five's POV

I was incapable of speaking. Our one chance of saving the world might have just been washed down the drain. Not only was y/n in an endless sleep she was also 13 still— meaning she hasn't completely accessed her powers in a very long time. We were all pretty shocked but none the less we had to figure this out. How would you normally wake a sleeping person, well in the books it's with a kiss. At least that's what Vanya told me when she read stories.

I don't know what to do. Sir Grimmest won't give her up either, we had offered to take her and he said "all in good time" so other than that we have nothing. We went home shortly after and so here I am lying in bed staring at the wall. Thinking. Overthinking. My thoughts lay in my head as my eyes close and I drift off to sleep.

The sun was shining through my window and I heard the phone ringing. I waited a minute, it was still ringing so I dragged myself out of bed and went to go get the phone.

"Hello," my voice was still raspy from sleeping I sound like pure shit.

"Hello, is this the umbrella academy?"

"Uh yes? Who's calling?"

"I'm Mr. Morgan, I am calling regarding Sir Grimmest. He has pasted last night. He has something in his will for you and he seemingly doesn't want his house touched until you get it, however we are going to head over soon"

I choked on my spit.

"Of course"

"Alright thank you for your time"

"Yep! BYE"

I slammed the phone down and bolted to the others rooms.

"HEY! GET UP WE GOTTA GO!"

Luther walked out and scratched his head " what exactly are we doing"

"Sir Grimmest passed last night, and someone called saying he has something for us and wants us to get it but they are sending someone over there! If they see y/n they'll take her! SO WE GOTTA MOVE"

Everyone bolted down the stairs and out to the car. They shoved in and then they hit the roads. It was quiet and the only noise made was by the car wheels speeding across the hard pavement.

About a half an hour btw this is a hour ride but of course to five's speedy race car moves they made it there in  :) half the time— later they pulled up to the familiar White House. (National anthem blasts) They rushed to the door to find it already opened. A guy came to the door.

"Hello you must be the umbrella academy"

"Yep" they all gave each other nervous stares.

" Well I'm Mr. Lamose I've been here for about 15 minutes. I've looked over the downstairs and have yet to look upstairs—"