t w e n t y - t h r e e

"We often underestimate
the things we don't
understand"

__________
Y/n POV

I felt a heavy wave of darkness wash over my head and flow to my toes. It felt as if someone was tugging at my head by my ears and my air was being lifted out of my lungs. Then there was a bright white light. I lifted my hands but I couldn't see them. They were gone?

Then suddenly everything was lifted. It felt as if I fell but also like my chest went up then down. Everything around me felt different. Water dripped on my face. I was laying on the ground. I moved my fingers and could feel them move across a hard pavement. I finally lifted myself up. I was in a flowy cream dress that went to my knees. It was a v neck and somehow still clean despite me being on the street.

I didn't know where I was. It was a city? No where I'd ever seen before. I started to walk forward, toward a large building. The ground was cold against my bare feet. I stepped in many puddles on the way to the door but all I wanted was shelter from the dark grey sky.

"Hello?" I yelled as I opened the door. "Anyone here?"

The building was full of filing cabinets. Tin, teal filing cabinets. I slowly walked towards one close to the door. They looked brand new, never opened. I pulled on the handle and it pulled out. There were several folders which had dates on them. I pulled one out opening it.

File 76253
Date: 7/24/1990
Database: childhood
Description: 9 month old y/n takes first step

I put the file back before looking at the other cabinets. I opened another one to find it empty all but one.

File 1462518729
Date: 7/14/2002
Database: childhood
Description: y/n is spelled into sleep and...

I knew that's where the childhood files would end. I exited the building, and that's when I noticed that the building was labeled childhood. The rain around me was still pouring and seemed to flood the street.

I looked at the building beside the one I'd left. Teenager, school... I began to walk faster and faster til I was in a slight run. I came to two skyscrapers. Love and Powers. I looked at the power building then decided to check the love building first. For a quick check on whether I might have a normal future like I had hoped.

I walked up the steps and walked to a filing cabinet. I was fingering all the labels when I came to a recent date.

File 8537533853683
Date: 3/26/2019
Database: love
Description: y/n first kiss with Five Hargreeves

I give a chuckle at the memory. I continue forward onto the next cabinets. There weren't many files but there were more then expected. Most of them were about Five which I didn't know why. We had moments and... yeah, I kinda liked him but I don't know if those moments were one sided or not.

I was looking in the last cabinet on the first floor and spotted a file. I reached for it and opened to the first page.

File 8537533853691
Date: 4/1/2019
Database: love
Description: y/n ends up with.. FixutcYcvIcyYiciG
CorturcTvoyCitVivOtctatctiv