s i x t e en

"I sit and wonder
Your inner most
Thoughts and dreams"

__________
Y/n POV

After I withered the flower we all went inside. I was hungry so I headed down to the kitchen. To my surprise Five was there making a sandwich. He placed marshmallows and peanut butter on slices of bread. He looked up and saw me staring.

"Would you like one?"

"Um sure."

He took out two more slices of bread before starting another sandwich. I took the chance at this time to look around the kitchen. At the end of the table was a glass case, it had crafting things and all sorts of odds and ends. It must of been from when the kids were younger.

"We weren't always like this you know."

"Huh?" I said turning to face Five, he handed me a plate with one of his sandwiches on it and then he continued.

"This dysfunctional," he sat at the table, "there was once a very short time when we were young that we could actually manage to get along. Our father was the one who torn us apart."

"That sucks. Hey Five?"

"Yeah."

"What am I doing here. I mean we starting talking about it and it was something about my powers but we never quite go to the explanation. How do we know for sure the world is ending- and how would i be able to fix it."

"Oh."

"..."

"Well its a long story."

"I got all the time in the world." I said sitting down.

"Not exactly." He said chuckling. "When I was 13 years old I decided I wanted to time travel. Dad had said I wasn't ready but I knew I could so I did. I left without saying goodbye and traveled into the future. What I saw was far from good. The world was on fire and everything was gone. I couldn't travel back and I spent years and years there."

"Five that must have been so traumatic."

"Not really, I got used to it. After decades, out of nowhere this lady shows up offering me a job in fixing the timeline with people. Of course I accept but my time there was short lived. I got out as soon as I finished the calculations to get back here. I apparently got it wrong though because I am in a 13 year old body."

"So you're really 58! Man you don't look a day over 10."

"Ha ha ha very funny."

"I know right?!"

He chuckled. "I came back to stop the apocalypse, it was going somewhat well but something went wrong and now it's still happening."

"So why me? Couldn't you just jump back again?"

"Maybe. But jumping is more complex. Your powers can store life forces."

"Five I don't even know how to tap into that. That requires a lot of practice and I haven't even master the sleeping spell on other people. If I tried they'd most likely die."

"Then we better get practicing, huh?"

I looked down not knowing what to think. It was a lot of pressure sure but I didn't know it would be like this. Five placed his hand on mine before looking into my eyes.

"Hey, I believe in you, we all do. We went and got you because we knew that you'd be able to."

"But—"

"No y/n. It's gonna work and if we die then at least we die trying."

I gave him a small smile before leaning in and planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Y-Yeah." His cheeks flushed a light pink before he bit into his sandwich. I picked mine up as well and took a bite.

"Not to bad old man."

"Oh shut up."

||

A/NHey guys it's kinda been a while

A/N
Hey guys it's kinda been a while. Not really but I've noticed my updates have been slow. I'm sorry about that. My mom has cancer and her treatment is coming up soon and I've been trying to be there for her. So please don't get mad at me if I don't manage to update as fast or suddenly get a 2 week pause or something. I'm not giving up on this story so yeah. I hope y'all enjoyed and please vote and comment!

Remember I do the favorite comment chapter every 15 chapters!