Chapter Four

I sat in a chair opposite Larissa, staring at her, while she inspected my injury. She looked up for a second, as she must have felt my eyes on her, and I blushed. I actually blushed. What kind of magical powers did this beautiful stranger possess? I never blush.

She turned her attention back to my arm, and started to wipe it with an antiseptic wipe. I tensed my arm and gritted my teeth as the wipe started to sting. I saw a hint of a smile on her lips, and started pretending I was immune to pain again. It worked fine, until she started to put stitches in my arm.

"Isn't this something that should be done at the hospital?" I asked.

"Dont you trust me?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"I just thought this is something a qualified nurse, or doctor should do."

She stopped sewing up my arm for a moment and looked at me. It felt like her green eyes looked straight into my soul.

"What makes you think I'm not a qualified nurse, or a doctor?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just- Are you?" I asked, feeling stupid for assuming she wasn't.

"I am a doctor, actually," she responded smugly.

"How old are you?" I blurted out. "I'm sorry, I di-"

"It's okay," she laughed. "I'm twenty eight."

My jaw dropped. I was twenty four, and I was sure that Larissa was younger than me. She had aged ridiculously well.

She turned back to my arm, and put a third, and final stitch in my arm, before she pulled some bandages from a drawer next to her.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked. My awkward stuttering, and blushing had vanished now, and my heart rate was finally getting almost back to normal.

"You ask a lot of questions, don't you?" She joked.

"Just trying to pass the time," I laughed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I taking too long?"

I held back a laugh, and decided to leave her alone for a minute while she bandaged my arm up.

"There you go, that should be fine. You'll need to change the bandages every two days, and they can come off in two weeks."

"Thank you, doc."

She smiled at me, and I took in her beauty once more, before we both stood up to leave.

She opened the door for me, and we walked slowly back to the desk. I saw that Rob was talking to the girl again. I decided to give him a few more minutes with her, and gave myself more time with Larissa too.

"When can I climb again?" I asked the beautiful girl beside me, standing still.

"When the bandages come off," she responded, and that subtle little smile played on her lips again. "But maybe you should stick to making coffee."

My heart skipped a beat when I realised she remembered me. I laughed at her joke, then she started to walk off again.

"And I'm assuming you've never fallen from a climbing wall?" I teased.

"Not even once," she grinned.

"I dont believe you," I laughed. Of course I was lying, I would literally believe anything that came out of those perfectly plump, pink lips.

"I really need to go now," Larissa said, "make sure you change those bandages!"

I stared after her, as she jogged out of the room into the main part of the gym.