Chapter Twenty Five

I spent the next couple of days helping Rob move all of his stuff to Alice's house. I didn't hear anything from Larissa, and decided not to dwell on it, I needed to focus on getting ready for Liam to move in.

Alice and I planned to go shopping for some furniture while Rob was working, it was the first time I would be alone with her, so I was hoping it wouldn't be awkward.

My phone buzzed with a text from Alice, letting me know she was outside. I quickly put on a jacket, and went downstairs to her car.

"Hey," she smiled, when I got into the car.

"Hey, thanks for coming with me today," I said.

"That's alright," she replied. "It's nice to go out with you, without Rob. We can get to know each other a bit better."

I smiled at her words. Alice was such a nice girl, and I was so happy that Rob finally asked her out. I hoped that Alice and I would become good friends.

We shopped for around an hour, chatting as we walked, and managed to buy a bed, a wardrobe, and a few other things for in Liam's room. After we loaded everything into the car, we walked across the street to a coffee shop.

After ordering our drinks, we sat down and talked some more. I was careful not to ask too many personal questions, as I didn't her to be uncomfortable.

"How's work going?" I asked politely.

"It's alright," she replied. "I've been looking for something else for a while, but haven't had much luck."

"Really? What are you wanting to do?"

"Well, I studied as a veterinarian, but didn't find a job when I first got out of college, and I just got a little too comfortable at the gym. But it's getting old now, and Rob's convinced me that I should follow my dreams."

"You definitely should, you deserve so much better than the gym," I said, and she blushed.

"Thanks," she grinned. "What about you? Why are you working at the coffee shop?"

"I don't know," I laughed. "It's just what I've done since I left home. Rob and I didn't make it through college, so we just settled with what we had. I thought about studying again at some point, but there was always something in the way."

"I think it would be great if you went, and Rob too. I did mention it to him once, but he didn't seem interested, really," she said.

"Yeah, education was never his strong suit," I joked. "I think he's honestly just waiting until Tom retires, so he can run the coffee shop."

"Yeah, I had considered that myself," she laughed. "It's crazy how you both-"

I waited for Alice to finish her sentence, but she just stared past me, looking surprised and annoyed. I turned around to see what she was looking at.

Stood at the counter, with his hand on some skinny brunette's ass, was Brandon. When I saw them, I clenched my jaw without realising. I watched as he bent down slightly to kiss the girl.

I turned back to Alice, who was staring in disbelief as Brandon and the girl. I pushed my chair back slightly, so that I could stand up. Alice grabbed my hand, before I got up.

"Don't," she said.

"Are you joking?" I asked angrily, then realised I was talking to Alice. "I'm sorry, but I'm going over there."

I pulled my hand away from hers, and got to my feet. I saw Alice stand up quickly, probably to stop me, but I was in front of Brandon within seconds.