Chapter Thirty

The next few days flew by, as I was excited to have Liam staying with me. As I had expected, Larissa didn't call me. She had told Alice that she was really busy at work, but I knew it was an excuse to keep avoiding me.

When I woke up on friday, Larissa wasn't on my mind for the first time in ages. I was too preoccupied with seeing my brother.

I had to work in the morning, and finished at lunch time, when Rob came in to take over my shift.

After work, I went shopping to buy something to cook for Liam. After walking around the supermarket for twenty minutes, I had bought enough food for a month, as I couldn't decide what to make.

When I got home from shopping, I quickly showered and got ready to pick Liam up. By the time I was dressed, I knew Liam would be back from school so I immediately went to my car.

I arrived at the foster home after a short drive, and rushed inside. Tracy smiled happily when she saw me.

"He's just packing his clothes now, he will be ready any minute now," she said.

"Great," I grinned.

I decided to tell Tracy that my mother had visited me. She looked surprised, so I knew I would need to elaborate slightly.

"Our father died recently," I told her. "He had something called Marfan Syndrome, and apparently it's genetic, so Liam and I need to be checked out. I have an appointment next week, but I guess you would need to make the appointment for Liam as I'm not his guardian."

"Okay, I'll make an appointment for him, but maybe you should talk to him about this while he's with you this weekend," she replied.

"I will," I agreed.

Liam appeared in a doorway carrying a gym bag with his clothes in.

"You ready?" He asked, smiling happily.

"Yeah, come on," I replied. "See you on Sunday, Tracy."

"See you later, have fun!"

Liam waved at Tracy, then put his bag into the back seat, and got into the car. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, I was so happy that I was back in Liam's life.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked, while I started to drive away.

"Hmmm... alcohol...drugs... possibly kill someone?"

"How about cola, popcorn, and a movie?" I laughed.

"Sounds perfect," he grinned. "I'm just so happy I get to stay at yours."

"Me too," I smiled.

When we pulled up at my apartment, Rob was standing by the back door to the coffee shop, waiting for us.

Liam got out of the car quickly and went to hug him. Rob hugged him tightly. Rob always used to play with Liam when he was a kid, and Liam always looked up to him. I grabbed Liam's bag out of the car and went to join them.

"You coming to watch a movie with us?" Liam asked Rob.

Rob's eyes shifted to me uncomfortably. I guessed that he didn't want to intrude on our weekend.

"Come on Roberto, you can make dinner for us, too," I said.

"Yes, ma'am," he replied, taking the bag from me and walking up the steps to my apartment.

Liam and I followed him. When we got inside, Liam went to put his things into his room, while Rob scouted the kitchen to ingredients to make dinner.

"I've never seen so much food in this house," he said. "Shall we order a pizza?"

I laughed at him, I knew he would be too lazy to cook, but so was I.