Chapter Twenty Six

"We're back," Alice said to Rob, as we got back into my apartment. "Feel free to bring all the heavy stuff up, out of the car."

Rob smiled, then looked at me, and frowned.

"What's up with you?" He asked bluntly.

"I'll let Alice fill you in, I need a beer."

I walked to the kitchen, and pulled a cold beer out of the fridge, then walked back into the living room.

"What the fuck have you done to your hand?" My best friend asked.

I could understand why he was firing all of these questions at me, to be honest. I went furniture shopping with his girlfriend, and came back crying with a busted hand.

I sat down on the sofa. Alice and Rob joined me, and I told Rob what had happened.

"So he was cheating on her? And she just agreed to marry him?" He asked, and I nodded in response.

"I think I had better call her," Alice said awkwardly.

"Yeah, she's probably gonna want to talk to you anyway. She knew you were with me when I hit him," I replied.

"I'll go check on her," she said, standing up, and kissing Rob quickly. "See you in a bit."

"See you later," I said, as she walked out of the apartment.

Rob stood up, and walked in the kitchen. He returned seconds later with a beer, and joined me on the sofa again.

"That's rough," he sighed.

"Yeah, he's a dick. I hope she's alright."

"I didn't mean for her," he said. "I meant for you. I mean, what she said to you... are you okay?"

"Yeah. I guess, at least now I know she doesn't feel the same, I can try to move on."

"Well, drinking beer at two o'clock, and playing call of duty with your best friend is a good way to start moving on," he joked, and turned on the xbox.

I smiled. Somehow, Rob always managed to make everything alright. I was gonna miss living with him.

We played call of duty for a few hours, and I anxiously awaited Alice's return. I wanted to know what was happening with Larissa and Brandon, even if I had just told Rob I wanted to move on.

As Rob and I came face to face on the game, my phone rang, allowing Rob's character to kill mine. I dropped my controller on the sofa, and picked up my phone, without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said, when the phone was against my ear.

"Hey Ivy, it's Jade."

"Jade, hi," I replied. "How are you?"

"I'm alright, thank you. I've been wanting to call you since you gave me your number, but I didn't want to seem desperate," she laughed. "I was just wondering if you weren't doing anything tonight, if you'd like to come watch a movie at my place."

I thought about turning her down for a moment, then I realised how stupid that would be.

"Yeah, that sounds great," I replied. "What time should I be there?"

"Around eight?"

"Perfect," I answered. "Text me your address, and I'll see you at eight."

"See you later," she said happily, before putting the phone down.

I put my phone on the arm of the sofa, and went to pick up the xbox controller, and saw Rob smirking at me.

"Moving on?" He grinned.