Chapter Thirty Five

I was surprised to find Larissa lying next to me when I woke up the next day. Although Rob had told me she would be coming, I didn't expect her to be lying in my bed.

"Good morning," she smiled, when I opened my eyes.

"Hey," I grinned, wishing I could wake up like this every day.

"I'm sorry, I came to check on you and I got a little too comfy," she said shyly. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good," I lied. My head was killing me, and I had a lot of pain in my neck and shoulders, which I assumed had something to do with head butting a steering wheel yesterday.

"Are you hungry?"

"No, I'm fine thanks," I replied.

"Ivy, you haven't eaten since yesterday. I'm gonna make you something to eat," she said.

"No, really, I don't want anything," I argued.

"You need to take your pills, and you can't take them on an empty stomach, so you're gonna eat, even if I have to force feed you."

I laughed, as she stood up and walked out of my room. I liked when she was bossy. I tried to sit up so I could go into the kitchen to her, but she reappeared in the doorway.

"Stay where you are, I'll bring you breakfast in bed," she said, less aggressively than before.

"Yes, boss," I grinned and lay back down.

I realised it was probably best to stay in bed, as I felt dizzy just from sitting up. I didn't really want Larissa to know I was in pain, but the medication would more than likely make me feel better.

While Larissa was making breakfast, I quickly pulled out my phone and checked my appearance with the front facing camera. I looked like death warmed up.

I groaned, and tried to make my hair look a little less wild, and considered dragging myself out of bed to put some makeup on. However, she had already seen me, and would think I was an idiot if I put makeup on while she was out of the room for a few minutes.

Instead, I got out of bed to go to the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and ran a comb through my hair, before returning to my bed.

A few minutes later, Larissa returned with a plate of grilled cheese sandwiches and two bottles of water. She sat next to me on the bed, and I propped myself up against the bed frame, with a pillow behind my back.

"Thank you," I smiled, taking a grilled cheese sandwich.

She took one too, and we both ate in silence for a few minutes.

"Don't you need to work today?" I asked, after finishing my food.

"I swapped my shift, I wanted to make sure you were alright," she admitted, and I tried to hide the smile that was creeping on my face.

"That's really sweet of you," I said, putting my hand on top of hers.

She smiled at my comment, then handed me a bottle of water, and some tablets. I took the tablets and set the water down on the bedside table, before lying down again.

"I'm gonna let you get some more sleep, I'll be in the living room if you need me," she said, and started to stand up.

I wrapped my fingers around her hand and held her in place.

"Stay with me," I pleaded. "I'm not tired."

"Okay," she said quietly, lying back on the bed next to me.

We didn't speak for a while, it was just nice having her next to me. However, it did feel a little awkward, and I wasn't sure why, so I tried to start a conversation.