Chapter Ten

"So, what do we do now?" Alice asked.

We had finally finished all the painting and wallpapering, and were sat on the floor in the living room, listening to the radio.

"The carpets are going down in the morning, and then the furniture will be delivered after. There's nothing else to do until then," Larissa replied. "Unless you want to help me organise the garage?"

Rob said something to Alice, but I couldn't hear what he said, as the music was too loud. She nodded and smiled shyly.

"We're actually gonna shoot," Rob said happily. "But I'm sure Ivy would love to help you."

Larissa looked at me hopefully, and I smiled. Of course, I wouldn't say no to her.

"I love organising garages," I said sarcastically.

"Thank you," she grinned. "Have fun, you two!"

Rob took Alice's hand, and led her out of the house, after we all said goodbye.

"To be honest, I don't think I want to be in my apartment for a little while anyway," I laughed.

"Yeah, those two have got a lot of pent up sexual frustration to get out," she replied.

"More fool them, we get to organise!" I said with over the top enthusiasm, throwing my fists into the air.

Larissa poked me in the side, causing my arm to jerk down, and making me elbow her in the face.

"Oh my God!" I yelled. "I'm so sorry, are you-"

"You elbowed me in the nose!"

"I am so sorry," I said.

She had her hands covering her nose, I pulled at her wrists so I could see her nose. It was bleeding. She pinched the bridge of her nose, and tilted her head forward to try and stop the bleeding. I looked in her eyes, and she smiled. I was so relieved she wasn't angry with me.

"It's not broken," she said, and stood up. I followed her into the kitchen, and got her some tissue.

"It's good that I elbowed you in the face before you got your new carpets."

She looked at me, and i could see she was trying not to laugh.

"I really am sorry," I laughed. "And I told you, you're cute when you're angry."

She smiled, and sat at the table. After a few minutes, she checked if the bleeding had stopped, and it had.

"How about we scrap the organising idea, and drink some wine?" She said, pulling a bottle of red wine out of the fridge.

"I thought I had a drinking problem?"

She laughed, and poured two glasses of wine.

I didn't drink wine very often, it always got me drunk too fast, so I tended to stay away from it. However, I would have drank anything Larissa put in front of me. It would be rude to say no to a goddess.

"So, when do I get to meet the boyfriend?" I asked after my first glass.

I'm aware of how much of an idiot I was for bringing him up. I didn't want to meet him, or even hear her talk about him, and I definitely didn't want her to start crying again. Drunk crying is always so much worse than regular crying.

"He should be moving here next Tuesday," she answered.

"Should be?"

Again, idiotic thing to ask.

"Well, he should have been coming on Thursday, but he delayed it again."

I could see that Larissa was a little tipsy, she was almost finished her second glass of wine, and she wasn't upset now. She was mad.