Chapter Twenty Eight

"I'm so happy for you, Ivy," Rob said, sipping on his beer. He and Alice had come to my apartment to celebrate the good news with pizza and alcohol.

"Thanks," I grinned. "I'm really happy too."

"What did your mum want?" Alice asked.

"She came to tell me that my dad died," I said.

Rob and Alice both looked at me, shocked.

"I'm so sorry, Ivy. Are you okay?" Alice asked.

"I'm fine," I replied.

Rob continued to drink his beer, not phased by my lack of expression, but Alice looked confused.

"My dad is the reason Liam was put into care... I'll let Rob fill you in later," I told her, not wanting to get into the whole story.

She gave a small nod. I guessed that she didn't want to push me into talking about it when I was in such a good mood about Liam coming home.

There was an awkward silence for a while, so I decided to change the subject.

"Have you heard from Larissa?"

"No, I text her this morning, but she hasn't text me back," she said.

"I hope she's okay," I said. "I'm gonna text her."

"Is that a good idea?" Rob frowned.

"I just want to make sure she's alright. What if she needs somebody to talk to?"

"Then she'll call you, or Alice... you need to give her some time. You don't even know if they have broken up, maybe she's forgiven him," he said.

I sighed. As much as I hoped he was wrong, it was definitely possible. A lot of people stay with cheating partners. Then, it hit me that Larissa had also technically cheated on Brandon with me. My eyes widened. Maybe she was more likely to stay with him because she felt guilty about her relationship with me.

"Ivy, are you okay?" Alice asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah... yeah, I'm fine."

"Dude, you need to forget about Larissa. At least until all of this blows over," Rob said.

I knew he was right, but it seemed impossible to forget about her. And I wasn't sure that it would ever blow over.

"I know," I whispered.

"What are your plans with Liam this weekend, then?" Alice asked.

"I don't know, I'd like to take him out for the day on saturday, but I don't know where to go," I replied.

"What about the zoo? Or the beach?"

"He's sixteen, I don't know if he would be into that kind of thing," I said. "I've been away from him for so long that i don't even know him anymore."

"So use your weekend to get to know him. You don't need to take him anywhere or try to impress him, Ivy. He's your brother, and he's missed you. Just spend time with him," Rob smiled.

"Yeah, you're right. I've got plenty of time to take him places."

We chatted a little longer about Liam, then Rob and Alice went home.

It was too early to go to bed, so I put a movie on and lay on the sofa. I didn't pay any attention to the movie, as I was playing on my phone. I scrolled through facebook and found Larissa. I wasn't proud of it, but I stalked her profile for a while. I was disappointed to see that her relationship status remained unchanged, but hoped that she just hadn't gotten around to changing it yet.