Chapter 3 : Fateful Meeting

It has been 2 months since Sora released his first sealed and annihilated the demons. Turns out Sora accidentally destroyed their base and killed most of them when he released attack the few surviving ones eventually died as their wounds couldnt be regenerated as they took too much damage.

Sora was currently on his way towards Illustrious Academy, he had left 2 months ago to go in this journey and said his farewells to the villagers.

Currently he is on his way to subjugate some orcs near a neighboring village. He took a request from the adventurers guild to subjugate the orcs due to a lack of funds as the money he had was used already spent on his journey.

" Tch. why did they have to change the currency from before." mutters Sora as he approaches the forest where the orcs nest is located.

[Well it kept be help, millions of years did pass after all] said Ciel as she consoles him.

Sora himself used to earn a fortune stored in an independent space he can access anytime. The space itself acts similarly as Spacial Bags. Anyway going back to topic Sora himself has a fortune but the currency in them can no longer be used as it was currency that belonged to the Dragon Emperors Era a million years ago.

Sora himself never bothered to earn much money as an adventurer and he used to travel across space. He could try and sell his treasures but some of them could disturb the current balance of the world and couldnt be afforded by normal people. The only people capable of buying them are existances like Sora and the Witch of Time, Noire. Furthermore selling them would arise to certain question like where he got them and he might attract needless attention from bothersome people.

As Sora was walking through the forest looking for the orc's nest using detection magic he then heard fighting from a distance. Being curious Sora then approaches the area where the fighting is happening.

Soon Sora managed to locate where the sounds of fighting was coming from and found a girl wearing some sort of uniform. She had black hair and eyes similar to Sora's in her hand was a spear that she uses to fend off the orcs.

Sora then first watched her as she fought as he didnt really wanna steal her prey. As its common courtesy for adventurers and travelers in this world.

As Sora was watching he then saw the face of the girl which threw him into shock. "Leticia... No but shes suppose to be already dead..." Sora then shook his head.

[Sora... Shes not Leticia her mana wavelengths prove otherwise...] Said Ciel with a worried tone. She is slightly worried about Sora as he rarely loses his emotions.

"Yeah... your right. I dont know what came over me sorry Ciel." Replied Sora with a smile as he shook his head slightly and regains his composure.

As Sora and Ciel were talking the girl is in intense combat when suddenly an orc archer who had been hiding shoot towards the girl. Towards this the girl deflected the arrow but this gave the one of the 3 orcs she had been battling an opening to attack.

Seeing the girl in danger Sora used [Spacial Step] to appear and block the incoming blow.

"Eh..." (?)

Towards the unexpected entrance of Sora the girl was momentarily in shock as she was just in a life or death situation.

Sora then pushed back the orc he blocked with his sword and with a flash swung his sword toward its neck. Severing its neck in the process.

The other orcs seeing their comrade killed by Sora was enraged and charged towards him. Seeing this Sora infused his mana on his sword.

"[Flying Slash!]" (Sora)

Sora then released a Flying Slash severing the two orc body in half, Separating their top and bottom halves. Seeing the two orcs defeated the orc archer launched a sneak attack towards Sora.

Sora sensing the arrow clad his hand in mana and caught the arrow. He then turned towards the orc and used magic.

"Come forth and pierce mine foes, [Arc Lightning]." (Sora)

Sora then pointed his finger towards the orc archer and lightning fired from his finger and pierced the orc's head.

Sora used Lightning type magic to deal with the orc archer as he didn't want to expose that he is capable of using the rare space attribute magic. He does not want to expose his abilities as much as possible as he might gain the attention of some great powers eyeing him. He already saw an example first hand in Noire's case, as she is a holder of the rare magic that can influence time she has been recruited many times and eyed by the great powers, although she declined stating that she does not want to involve with any other great power it didnt stop them from sending many assassins after her for fear of her changing her mind and joining a power.

Sore himself could still use some other techniques out in the open such as [Spacial Step] as it is extremely similar to the technique [Flash Step]. as such he can deceive most people.

Sora having finished dealing with the orcs turned his attention towards the girl beside him

"Are you alright?" Sora asked with a gentle smile on his face.

"Eh... ah... a.. Yesh! I'm alright!" The girl still haven't regained her composure bit her tongue as she replies back to Sora.

"Thats good. Need a hand?" Sora then extended his hand towards the girl.

The girl then grabbed Sora's hand to which Sora pulled her up but perhaps due to just getting out of a life and death situation the girl felt slightly weak and fell into Sora's chest and into his arms.

Seeing her in Sora's arms the girl blushed before backing away and finally regaining her composure.

"I am Alicia Valafar from the Lute village near this forest. I am extremely grateful for you saving me."

The girl then bowed her head slightly as a sign of gratitude. She then continued and introduced herself to Sora.

"Well don't mind it I was just passing by. Still I do have to apologize for taking your prey." Sora said with a gentle smile reassuring her.

"Ah! No if it wasn't for you i would have died!" Alicia quickly denies his words.

"By the way mister, why are you here in the forest are you perhaps the adventurer who took the request from the adventurer's Guild?"

...
...
...