Chapter 4 : Alicia Valafar

Toward Alicia's question Sora admitted that he was the one who took the request from the guild and explained that he was on his way to wipe out the next.

"Oh so thats how it is. The orc problem had been troubling the village especially the hunters as it endangers them from safely hunting prey in the forest. Its a good thing mister is here." (Alicia)

"Oh right I forgot to introduce myself its weird for you to keep calling me mister. You may call me Sora." (Sora)

Sora then extended his hand for a handshake to which Alicia also grabbed his hand and shook it.

"By the way what were you doing in the forest? Since you already know its dangerous." (Sora)

At first Sora only thought that she was either lost of just hunting for game in the forest but listening to her, he found out that she knows of the orc problem in the forest If so why was she here?

Being slightly embarassed Alicia took a moment before she answered the question.

"Well... you see its been a week since the village put up the request. I just came back from the academy since we have a 2 week break since they were fixing the academy. Finding out about the orc problem I was worried for the safety of the villagers and planned to investigate for a bit but I didn't think I would be ambushed by orcs and you know the rest..." (Alicia)

"Ah I see but you should have not entered the forest alone." (Sora)

"I'll be careful in situations like this from now on." (Alicia)

"Good." Sora smile and pat her head instinctively.

Alicia due to the sudden gesture of Sora blushed a bit but surprisingly she didn't hate his touch.

Sora noticing what he was doing took back his hand and blushed a bit he then tried to shift the mood by changing the topic.

"Oh right you spoke of an Academy right?" (Sora)

"Ah...? Yes! You see I study at the illustrious academy in the Academy City close from here. Its close from Raul City the city you were at." Replied Alicia who was momentarily startled by Sora's question.

Alicia quickly deduced that Sora came from Raul City as that was the city where the adventurer's guild that the village made a request was at.

"So you study there huh... That invitation might not be bad after all." (Sora)

Alicia tilted her head seeing the smile on Sora's face. She didn't hear the latter part of what he said as Sora only muttered them.

"Well I should get going now and clear out the nest." (Sora)

"Ah! Wait can I come with you?" (Alicia)

Sora thought about it for a bit and he doesn't really mind as he could keep her safe even if she does come with him. Furthermore as a student of illustrious Academy she should be able to protect herself and should be capable of running away although the chances of her needing to run away was none Sora thought to himself.

"Well I don't really mind. Shall we get going?" (Sora)

"Yes!" (Alicia)

The two of them then headed deeper towards into the forest. Along the way Alicia suddenly asked a question.

"Oh right, Mr. Sora has already talked to the village head right?" (Alicia)

"Well yeah we did meet already. He suggested that I undertake this task tomorrow since its almost night but I figured I could probably finish it before then. Also just call me Sora no need to add anything." (Sora)

The two of them conversed as they slowly entered deep into the forest. Along the way Sora was using detection magic to locate the orc's nest. As they are walking Sora suddenly stopped his feet, noticing this Alicia stopped as well.

"Whats wrong?" Asked Alicia slightly concerned.

"We have arrived. The next should be in the cave." As Sora told Alicia of his findings he pointed his finger towards the cave.

"It seems like the orcs outside should be returning soon, we should wait a bit to get them all since looking for them later will be bothersome not to mention there is a high chance the others outside might escape towsrds to village to something in desperation." (Sora)

Towards Sora's words Alicia agreed as well.

"Can I join in this orc subjugation quest?" Asked Alicia.

"Well your already here and it doesn't hurt to have more experience." (Sora)

"Thanks." Alicia smiled happy that she could use this chance to train herself more and gain experience.

"Can I bother you to stay here for a while I'll do some preparations real quick." (Sora)

"What are you going to do?" Asked Alicia slightly curious.

"Well based on the detection magic im using there seems to be some other exits in their nest. I was planning on blocking them all except for one later. Im planning on checking them out first though." (Sora)

"You could use detection magic to that level...? Amazing!" (Alicia)

Alicia being a student at illustrious academy has more knowledge than other people. She knows that being able to use detection magic to sense other people or enemies isn't that hard. In fact she herself could use it as well, but she could not use it to the degree of mastery that Sora can. As Sora was even capable of detecting structures from that far away.

(Note : Detection Magic acts like a radar. It only shows how close the enemies in the surroundings are, unlike Sora who can map out the whole area in his head. Alicia can only detect the presense of monsters and other people.)

"Well I should get going now be safe. If your in danger send your mana to so it could alert me of any emergencies." Saying that Sora handed her a jade. The jade was small stone its appearance is similar to the stone that Ciel has, its body is like the night sky and looking closely one can see miniature stars glittering.

"Is this Night Jade...!?" (Alicia)

Alicia was momentarily stunned. A night jade was a rare kind of jade that only forms in areas of high concentration of lunar attribute mana. It also has the ability of nourishing ones mana making it purer when one trains with it on one's body. There was also another benefit of having this jade on you body and that it nourishes your Space Attribute Mana similar to the other Elemental Jade Stones, such as the Flame jade and Frost Jade.

"Well i'll be going now be safe." (Sora)

"Wha- wait!" (Alicia)

As soon as Sora said those words he immediately used [Spacial Step] to quickly travel through the trees leaving Alicia who was still in shock because of the Night Jade he gave her.