Chapter 13 : Celestine Jade Astraea

"Big brother Sora you finally came!"

The Loli who stood there was a former SSS Rank Adventurer as well as a hero from the last Great Calamity. The Witch of Nature, Celestine Jade Astraea, She was a graduate of Illustrious Grand Academy and can be considered a disciple of the Witch of Time, Noire.

Her Loli appearance is due to the reason of her being a witch. Witches in this world are immortal in terms of aging. The passing of time wouldn't kill them but although thats the case there were few witches in the current era. One of which (A/N : pun intended xD) is this witch right here, Celeste

"Big Brother Sora its been a while!" The little girl exclaims as she jumps into Sora with a hug.

Sora met Celeste during one of his travels years ago before the 10th great calamity happened. During this time Sora was traveling the whole world to relieve of his boredom. When he was passing in the slums in a certain country he encountered Celeste being chased by people from the Demon Race.

It turns out they were gonna use her as a sacrifice to the Demon King of that time. That Demon King during that time had the ability to devour the power of beings he had slain to gain their power and abilities. Celeste was a gifted individual who possessed a naturally large capacity of magic power, as well as a [Mystic Eye] called [Emerald Eye of Life] or [Mystic Eye of Life]. This is a type of magic eye that enchances the user's control over nature itself even capable of bending some the world's Laws. It is said that those who have this [Mystic Eye] is a descendant of the Goddess of Life.

Due to her possessing this [Mystic Eye] she has great affinity towards nature type magic and a decent affinity towards the 8 elements of nature, Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Lightning, Light and Darkness.

[Mystic Eyes] are a classification of abilities that have something to do with visual prowess. Commonly their eyes change color upon usage of their abilities. An example is the one called [Magic Eyes] or [Mystic Eyes of Magic]. That one possess the ability to see through the formation of spells, techniques and other various abilities. Each [Mystic Eye] has a different special ability. Those with the [Mystic Eyes of Nature] has the ability to control nature without the usage of magic spells or formations. Those parts of nature that they are controlling such as vines and other things glow a jade like color surrounding it enchancing it with [Life Energy] also known as [Life Qi] in some worlds. Giving them endless vitality. She can also absorb energy from the world really easily compared to others and refine them to magic power. Another way she could use them is using them to charge an attack giving it power that could reach Emperor Class attack should she go all out.

Though [Mystic Eyes] seem powerful there are some restrictions and drawbacks such as difficulty in controlling and its consumption of magic power although in Celeste's case she could just absorb the energy of the world. To recover her magic power.

After saving Celeste from those demons who wanted to use her for their own purposes. Sora took her as an adopted little sister. Since then the two of them traveled the world together.

It was one of these travels that Sora and Celeste went to meet the witch of time, Noire.  Who offered that Celeste enters the academy to gain friends and learn new things. Thinking that it was a good thing for Celeste, Sora agreed to let her study there as he continues his travels. In addition to entering the academy Noire also offered to take Celeste as her disciple as she saw that she had potential to become a powerful witch.

During her studies in the academy she was once again targeted and although she managed to repel them they killed one of her friends which led to her hatred towards the Demon King and his subordinates which led her to join the war against the Demon Race. It was in this war that she was regarded as a hero and given the title 7 Luminaries along with six others who fought with her in the 10th Great Calamity.

Finally reuniting with Sora after so long she was overjoyed as she hugged him. Towards this Claire just shrugs her shoulders as she already know their relationship as she is Celeste's secretary she was privy to some information.

"Mou...Why did you take so long to see me?" Asked Celeste as she is pouting.

"Sorry about that I have been busy and I was in another place." Said Sora, rephrasing the last part as he couldn't really reveal the existence of other worlds to Claire.

Sora was technically not lying as he was at another world different from this world where he grew up with. It was a world that is ranked higher than this world where Sora is born, In this world there are countless other worlds are connected to and various strong people like Sora ascend to.

"Can you tell me where you have been? Im curious I've been investigating and searching where you were, but to no end I couldn't get any leads." Asked Celeste as she was curious where Sora would be at.

"I'll tell you my adventures later so would you forgive me for now?" Sora asks hinting towards Claire in the room as he couldn't really tell about the existence of the world with Claire around.

"Fine." (Celeste)

"So how have you been this few years?" Asked Sora with a gentle smile as he pats her head as she hugs him.

"I've been fine I guess but the paperwork is really tiresome. I kinda regret a little accepting this position but since its for Big brother its fine. " (Celeste)

As Celeste said the Claire was glaring at her when she remembered the amount of times Celeste ditches work to go play by doing quests or hanging around town.

"Tch. Tiresome my ass, you always ditch your work and leaves it all to me."

When Celeste heard this she blushed a bit a extended out her tongue and made a teehee expression as she tilts her head. Seeing this made Claire wanna smack her.

Celeste was kinda regretting being the guild master as the amount of paperwork she needed to get done is a lot which she finds bothersome and tiring. Although she does complain she still does not resign as she wants to support Sora as much as she can. The only reason she accepted the position is to help Sora on his adventurer days back then and adding to the fact that she is a Hero of the 10th Great Calamity many saw her as an eyesore as they don't know which power she would join and they don't want others to get her so they sent assassins to kill her multiple times which only stopped or decreased when she became a Guild Master as the Adventurers Guild was a rather neutral faction and her being a part of it as a Guild Master means she wouldn't be able to side with their enemies that easily.

"Hey big brother, I wanna hear your stories lets go to my office." Suggested Celeste as she knew that they would talk about things that Claire should not know as she hasn't reach that level yet for her to have the right to know of such things.

Agreeing towards Celeste words, Sora stood up and followed Celeste to her office. Seeing them preparing to leave Claire gave Sora his reward for this quest this time before bidding farewell and heading back to the receptionist counter to return back to work. She is currently filling in for another receptionist who was taking the day off due to being sick.

Bidding farewell to Claire, Sora then went off and walked towards Celeste's office.