Chapter 22 : Mixed Bloods

As Shiviana was being surpressed by the aura she couldnt even speak out as her body was not responding to her. She felt that this aura was as terrifying as that of her Grandfather who is current War Dragon King.

Seeing Shiviana being surpressed, Soren then recalled his aura returning it once to that of a Human.

Feeling the oppressing aura gone. Shiviana let out a sigh as she calms her body down. She then looks towards Soren who was nonechalantly sitting there.

"You... your a half dragon?" Asked Shiviana after she regained her composure.

Only half dragons in this world could hide their dragonic aura that perfectly. As one herself she knew that the best and from she can see Soren should be like her.

"Yes." Soren admitted towards her question. He himself is not a full blooded dragon even though he is a Dragon Emperor. But that is not necessarily a bad thing as Half Dragons tend to show more talents in cultivating than full dragons.

But hearing this Shiviana showed an expression of sympathy towards Soren. She knew of the difficulties of being a half dragon. As the Dragon race tend to look down upon Half Dragons. They feel that their noble bloodline have been tainted by these half dragons as such they are often bullied and given cold stares.

Shiviana was one herself, she had been ignored and neglected by her peers. Even when she was a child they didnt want to play with her due to the parents saying that telling their kids not to get close with the mixed blood that is her.

"You must have had your own hardship huh..."

Shiviana felt close towards Soren as they are both Mixed Blood. Hearing this Soren reminisced a bit.

Back then he was also ignored and neglected by others due to his mixed blood lineage. This lead to him leaving his clan and venturing into the vast world.

He was also thankful. If not for this he wouldnt have left the clan and met her and his friends that truly cherished her for what he is.

Soren then snapped his fingers as the bindings disappeared and freed Shiviana. He then walked close to her and patted her head.

"Well hang in there. You will also meet others who will cherish you. Just ignore those people who scorn you at your clan."

Feeling the gentle hand on her head Shiviana cried and hugged Soren. Seeing this Soren just let her let out her emotions and held her close.

He knew this girl has some hardships at her clan. Just like him back then she wouldnt show weakness in front of others but alone he would cry.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Back at the battlefield where Soren saved Shiviana. 3 people suddenly appeared in the air. They were wearing a thick cloak that hides their identity. They then surveyed the area and found the corpses of the 4 Demon Dukes who was killed earlier.

"Hmph, bunch of trash... cant even capture a little girl." Said one of the cloaked men in disdain towards the 4 dead demon dukes.

"But its weird... based on their power they shoukd be able to capture her." Said another of the cloaked men.

He then turned to the last person who havent spoken.

"Junior Sister Aileen, use soul magic to see what happened here."

The last cloaked person nodded and chanted her spell.

"I call upon the Spirits of the Dead, [Soul Recall]" with her cold voice the souls of the four Demon Dukes appeared.

"We apologise for our failure. My lords..."

As the four duke's soul appeared she then thrusted her hand towards one of them interrupting his speech.

"[Peering Gaze]"

She then casted another spell that lets her see the memory of the soul.

"Ahh!!!!!"

The soul screamed in agony as the other souls watched in horror.

"It seems someone came and save the princess." Said Aileen in a cold voice.

"I see..." Said the black cloaked man who seems to be the leader. He then contemplated for a few moments and then turned to another direction and said.

"We should head back now. If we stay any longer the Hunters may come for us." He then turned towards the 4 souls of the demon dukes who are trembling and said to Aileen, "You can have those souls. It can serve as punishment for their failure."

Hearing this Aileen smiled under her hood. She then stretched her hand forward as an orb appeared.

"Come my Demonic Orb feast on their souls..."

The Orb then absorbs the 4 souls of the Demon Dukes as the wailed in agony as the orb ignores the screams for help.

"Please!!! No!!!"

"Ah!!!!!"

"Help me!!!!"

"Forgive me!!!!"

After a moment the souls were finally absorbed in the the orb. If you look closely you can even see the souls of the 4 demon dukes along with countless souls on the demon orb.

Seeing that Aileen was finally finished feeding her orb. The leader then announced their departure.

"Let us return."

Towards his words the other two nodded and followed him as they turned into 3 streaks of light as they flew away.