Chapter 9 : Return

A few minutes have past and Alicia has woken up. The pair are now explaining the situation to the women captured by the orcs.

"Thank you for saving us." The women says words of thanks to Sora and Alicia. Many of them bursts into tears when they were told some was crying over their dead friends that was captured with them and some were crying due to happiness of finally being able to leave.

After calming down the women, Sora and Alicia are currently leading all of them out of the orc's nest. The women totaled 10 and one of them was Lily who was an adventurer from the guild. It seems she and her party fot ambushed by orcs which lead to her friends dying and her being captured.

"I'm really thankful for for the two of you for saving me before I was tainted by them." Said Lily while shuddering, thinking about what could have happened to her. Lily was one of the girls that were captured earlier this day. Compared to the other females she was really lucky.

"Well were just glad that you are fine." (Alicia)

Alicia and Sora already accepted their thanks so Alicia quickly helped her get up when she bowed to them once more.

"By the way what will Lily do now? You said that you lost your whole party earlier." (Alicia)

"I'm planning on either returning to my village and retiring or joining another party, but honestly I personally wanna retire after experiencing something like this." (Lily)

"Sora is an adventurer right why don't you consider partying up with her?" Alicia asks towards Sora who was walking with them.

"I'm gonna have to refuse ,sorry" (Sora)

"It's fine, someone with Mr. Sora's skill should party with another skilled person." (Lily)

"No, it's not that. I already retired as an adventurer. This mission was just a coincidence as I ran out of funds for traveling. You see i'm currently on my way to meet a friend of mine." Sora said quickly denying what Lily was thinking after seeing her disapointed face.

Seeing the akward atmosphere Alicia quickly interjected.

"Well how about trying out for Illustrious Academy? They have an entrance exam a month from now, so you could take it." (Alicia)

"That might be good idea..." (Lily)

"Yeah, I agree, You can also raise your magic abilities and once you graduate you can keep being an adventurer or return to your village its not too late to choose later on, and being a C class adventurer you should have earned a bit to be able to pay the tuition fee." (Sora)

Sora lists down the possible things that Lily can do. He also considered training her himself if he had the chance, as when he saw that she was a decently talented mage. Based on the monsters they killed on the way back to the village.

As the group was having a conversation they finally arrived at the village.

Seeing the group come to the village, the villagers quickly informed the others.

A few moments later the village elder along with a few other villagers arrived at the entrance where Sora and the group are headed to.

"My daughter!!!"

"Papa!!!"

"My child!!!"

"Wahhh!!!"

...
...
...

Seeing their loved ones, the women ran up to them and hugged them while shedding tears while the others from other villages sighed in relief at finally returning to a safe place. Its not like they didnt trust Sora and Alicia on the contrary they were quite thankful towards them for saving them from the hand of those orcs and letting them able to return, but in the end they could only feel relief when they arrived at the village safely.

"Mr. Sora we are really thankful for saving us and letting us return to our homes and families."

"We are really grateful for saving our child."

"Thank you for saving my daughter..."

...
...
...

The women thanked Sora for the last time along with their family. After dealing with the grateful villagers Sora finally had the chance to talk to the village elder.

Seeing the village elder approaching Alicia at his side ran up to her.

"Grandmother...!"

The woman seeing Alicia safe heaved a sigh of relief, She then turned her head to Sora after making sure that her granddaughter was safe and without injuries.

"It seems my granddaughter has caused you some trouble." The village head says as she looks at Sora. Her voice contained a hint of gratitude. "I thank you for taking care of her during this time."

"Well its no problem, she was quite helpful to me." Said Sora saying that it wasn't that much of a bother. Originally he was planning on straight up raiding the Orcs Nest and use all of his abilities and finish it himself but he held himself back as Alicia was with him.

Though he doesn't think much about it as he had fun. It has been a while since he fought alongside another person.

"Although you did finish your mission in one day, it should be impossible to you to get back to the nearest city from here, additionally you should be tired like Alicia. So how about staying at my house for a day before you head out tomorrow?" The Village Head suggested to Sora. It was currently night time as Sora and Alicia took a while with waiting for the Orcs to come back to their nest for a few hours. Then they also infiltrated the nest and battled several high ranking orcs which took some time and they should be quite exhausted after all of that.

"And coincidentally Im almost finished preparing dinner so you could join us."

The Village Head then invited Sora to her home for dinner. Sora after pondering about it for a while agreed, and the 3 of them gone towards to the direction Village Head's house after saying farewell to the other villagers.

After arriving at the house, Sora noticed that it was pretty fancy compared to the other villagers houses.

Seeing Sora's face the village head then explained.

"Well you see during my younger days I was a well known A Rank Adventurer nearing the S Rank. Though in the end I didn't achieve S Rank as I had to retire in the end due to me and my old party member planning to get married, nonetheless during our days as adventurers we amassed quite a fortune."

Hearing that Sora guessed something and asked to confirm it.

"It was you who taught Alicia how to fight right? So im guessing your also a battlemage'." (Sora)

Sora deduced from how she walks, the way she presents herself leaves no opening similar to a close combat fighter, and with his [Magic Eyes] Sora was able to see the massive amount of mana that the Village Elder was hiding in her body. It was really conparable to S Rankers.

Sora thought the old lady could probably fight equally with the Demon Duke he obliterated a while ago.

"Your pretty sharp, thats right I was formerly a battle mage during my younger days, back then I was known as the [Crimson Battlemage] Alistairia." (Alistairia)

Hearing this name Sora remembered a few years back when he came back to this world and issued a new adventurer card as his old one shouldn't be used anymore to avoid suspicions. He really couldn't use a million year old adventurer card it would be better for him to sell it as a articles from ancient time that belonged to a SSS Rank Adventurer.

After chatting with a bit with the village head, Alistaria. He was accompanied by Alicia towards the guest rooms in the house.

"My granddaughter guide him to the rooms will you? I'll finish making dinner meanwhile you could rest up a bit. We also have a bath, Alicia can guide you there later."

After separating with Alistaria , Alicia guided Sora to his room.

"Sora this is your room, just ask me if you need anything. I'll be taking a bath so ask me later." (Alicia)

Alicia then parted with Sora. She sweated a lot today as they were in intense combat especially against the Orc King and the Orc Knights so she was pretty tired and sweaty.

Being left alone in the room Sora decided to sleep for a bit.