Chapter 1: Mysterious Man

The soft wind of the afternoon blew throughout the village. Farmers tended to their crops while Children could be heard playing in the distance. This was the normal everyday life of the people.

In the distance a top a hill was a man in his twenties sitting in a chair by the front deck of his house enjoying the afternoon breeze. Not much was known about his past. The villagers only knew him when he just started to live in this village a couple of years ago. After he negotiated with the village head and took residence on the house on top of the hill slightly far from the village.

He was a nice young man who had many admirers to the point where other men in the village lament in jealousy, but he never did get married in the years he stayed here.

Some of them speculated that he was a retired adventurer due to his knowledge and skill in hunting while working as a hunter in the village. Especially with his skill with the sword which earned him the respect of the guards and hunters who sometimes spars with him.

He also had a mysterious beautiful silver sword that the people saw when he first came here which led to the speculation of him being a high rank adventurer which explains his high level skill in fighting. The silver sword was adorned with several engraving of various stars and other celestial engraving. On its hilt was a silver stone that sometimes shined, and the inner segment of the blade was black like the night sky surrounded by silver surrounding it. The engravings occasionally shines and twinkle as if they were actual stars.

Some asked if it was a ceremonial blade due to how majestic it looks but the man denied it and just said it was a simple sword for combat. Nothing more nothing less.

This man was currently seating down in a rocking chair enjoying a cup of coffee as the afternoon breeze passes by his face, it was at this moment when a bird came flying and landed near him. It was a giant black bird that gave off a frightening pressure to those who seek to harm it. In its feet was a letter tied by a string.

Upon seeing the bird the man stood up from his chair and went towards the bird, unties the letter and quickly read through it.

"I wonder what that witch, Noire wants from me to request a meeting..." Said the man as he mutters softly.

The man asked to himself and he took another glance at the letter. The letter contained an invitation to teach at the Illustrious Grand Academy, the most prestigious school in the continent. It had taught some of the greatest heroes that later fought against the various calamities that came after the 1st Great Calamity, where the Devil Dragon Emperor nearly conquered the whole world.
The Academy was founded by the Witch of Time, Noire, one of the Heroes of the 2nd Great Calamity.

The 2nd Great Calamity happened thousands of years after the Restoration Era. During this time the Demon Emperor tried to invade the world like during the First Great Calamity and like the First Great Calamity there also exist heroes the managed to defeat him. These Heroes were later known as the 7 Stars. Only one of them is still alive in the present time, that being Noire the witch of time.

Various legends about her was passed down some saying that her time itself had stopped and she became an immortal being that would never die of old age. Alongside her powerful capabilities in magic and her strong power she is even more difficult to kill.

During the 2nd restoration period after the 2nd Great Calamity, Noire founded the Illustrious Academy where many great figures have graduated from, including the heroes of the following Great Calamities that happened, but regardless of how dire the situation of humanity is, Noire herself was never involve in the Great Calamities or that various conflicts of the world. That was unless her academy was threatened or attacked, but surprisingly even after various Great Calamities humanity still managed to fend of the invasions.

"Guess i'll go ahead and meet with her. I don't have anything to do anyway, might as well." The mysterious man mutters to himself.

A voice then resounded as if to respond to his voice . "So I take it you will accept her invitation to teach, Sora?" Asked the voice toward the mysterious man,Sora

"Not yet, don't get me wrong Ciel i'm only thinking of meeting her first." (Sora)

Sora said to Ciel who cannot be seen around him. If a 3rd person saw this they would probably think that Sora is crazy and talking to himself although he is not.

Sora touched the necklace he has on his neck and rubbed it slightly and said, "It seems you don't call me master anymore unlike when you were first given to me, Ciel"

The necklace on Sora's neck was the true identity of the one called Ciel. It was a necklace with a mysterious engravement on it, the middle of it was a black stone with glittering white dots in it like those of the night sky.

This was Sora's partner along the years since he has gotten it, to him it was his closest friend, his trusted partner that accompanied him throughout the long years.

"Well then shall we prepare for a journey?" Saying that Sora finished up his coffee and looked at the bird standing at the fence a distance away from him.

"I should write a response for her." He then went to write a letter and gave it to the bird.

The Bird after receiving the letter flew up in the air towards the direction of illustrious academy where the Witch of Time, Noire resides.

After gazing at the bird who flew away for a few moments, Sora then re-entered the house and prepared to go to work. In the village Sora worked as one of the hunters. This fact also further supported the idea of him being a former adventurer to the people of the village.

After preparing himself Sora then headed towards the forest armed with various knives and a bow hanged on his shoulder. He also has a quiver strapped behind him. With this he looked like a geniune hunter.

Entering the forest he went to the familiar hunting grounds. Going around the hunting spots he managed to kill various animals and drained their blood then proceeded to stored them in his spacial bag. Spacial Bags were popular items most veteran adventurers own nowadays it was invented by the Witch of Time, Noire to help the adventurers have an easier time carrying their prey to the adventurers guild, which one of her former comrade in the 7 Stars founded.

After storing the game he had hunted, Sora was preparing to return to the village when he felt something in the distance.

"Hey Ciel... was that just me or..." (Sora)

Before Sora could finish Ciel interrupted him and confirmed what he sensed.

"No, your senses weren't wrong I felt it as well. It was a high ranking demon... based on this presense its a Demon Viscount." (Ciel)

Ciel confirming Sora's guess that it was a demon further confirmed the strength of the high ranking demon.

"It seems our job for the day is still not done yet." Said Sora with a smile on his face as he looked towards the direction where they felt the presense.

"Shall we, Ciel?"

To his question Ciel expessed her agreement.

____________________________________

Published : March 4, 2019 (03/04/19)
EDITED : July 18, 2019 (07/18/19)