Chapter 26 : The Forest of the Abyss

Sora, Alicia and Shiviana are currently standing at the gate of the village preparing to head out. Seeing them off was Alistaria and a couple of villagers who Sora and Shiviana got to know as well as those who came to see of Alicia. Among them include the gatekeeper, Paul who often drank with Sora along with some other guards.

"Take good care of yourself." Said Alistaria towards her grand daughter

"Everyone its time for us to go." With Alicia's words the three of them went off.

The people saw the trio off with a smile and yelled out their own words towards them

"Alicia, Tell me your adventures the next time you return!"

"Sora, Lets drink again sometime!" (Paul)

"Older sisters, Master have a safe trip!" (Lily)

"We are awaiting your return!"

The voices continued until the silhouette of the three are nowhere to be seen.

This was the beginning of a long adventure that none of them would expect.

--------------------POV Change--------------------

In the South of the continent lies the forest of the Abyss, One of the most terrifying areas in the continent. Considered as one of the 9 Forbidden Grounds due to how deadly and terrifying it is. Countless adventurers has fallen to these Forbidden Grounds never to be seen again.

It houses the world's most terrifying beasts along with the most deadly of environments with 9 Lords ruling over each respective one. Each lord has been said to rival the power of those of the ancient heroes of the past.

The Forest of the Abyss houses the Abyssal Lord who rules over the elements of Darkness and Void. Like him most of the monsters here possess either the Dark Attribute or the Void Attribute, the latter being more rare. Many dark beasts inhabit the area along with countless undead born from the victims of the forest.

The environment is even more terrifying, poisonous gasses and fogs linger over the whole place. The effects vary from the most deadly of poisons that can instantly kill high ranking demons to mild ones that paralyzes. Although the latter may sound tame but it can be deadly for the people trying to survive here.

In this place that can be considered hell, a young girl is casually strolling about. She wore a black gothic dress with black roses embroiled into it. On top of her silvery white hair was a headband of black roses. Her hand were covered by a long black gloves covering her arm. In her right hand was a pitch black scythe that is rested on her shoulder. Her violet eyes were cold and emitted a presence of death itself.

If you think about it normally there is no way that a young girl would be inside a dangerous forest and especially in a forest that is called the Forest of the Abyss. There is also no way that the beasts that roam the forest would let this free meal go. That would be the case if she was a normal girl.

As the girl walks through the forest a black shadow suddenly pounces towards her. Sensing the presence the girl grins, tightly grips her scythe and proceeded to swing towards the incoming black beast.

The scythe cut through the head of the beast severing its head from its body. The body then fell to the ground and was motionless.

"Finally someone bit the bait." Said the girl with a grin on her face. Normally these beasts wont attack her because they would sense the aura that she emits and knows that she is stronger than then, but she hid her aura which made the beasts think that she was a normal little girl.

She then pointed her scythe towards the Dark Beast that she had just slain

"[Soul Extraction]."

A dark spirit-like entity then flew out of the corpse and was absorbed into the scythe in her hand.

"I had finally recovered my power to the level of Dragon Kings and Demon Lords... " She then turned her head towards the side, the area covered in darkness." I suppose its time that I leave, isnt that right abyss?"

A figure then appeared from the darkness. He was wearing a pitch black robe with a mask with several marks and engraving in its surface. This person was one of the 9 Lords that rule over the 9 Forbidden Grounds. The lord that resides in the forest of Abyss, The Abyss Lord himself.

"About time you leave, Freyja." (Abyss Lord)

"Do you really want me gone that bad?" Asked Freyja with a teasing look.

"With the countless different mess that you done in my territory who wouldn't want you gone?" Replied the Abyss Lord glaring at Freyja.

"Tch. Don't be like that, didn't you at least like my company?" (Freyja)

To which the Abyss lord replied with a blank stare. This look answered Freyja's question to which she akwardly laughs.

"Anyway, before I forget to tell you. It seems like Soren has returned." (Abyss Lord)

Hearing this Freyja's body twitched a bit before quickly regaining her calmness.

"So it was really him at that time when I sensed that familiar mana. He probably went overboard again" (Freyja)

"Your planning to go to him?" (Abyss Lord)

"Of course, he is my junior brother after all and Things would be fun around him." (Freyja)

"I see... take care in your journey." Saying that the Abyss Lord disappeared into darkness. The last part of his sentence was said in a low voice but Freyja was able to hear it.

Hearing that last part of the sentence, Freyja made a grin.

"Damn tsundere... Take care as well." Freyja said in a small voice towards the darkness where the Abyss Lord disappeared.