Chapter 23 : Return

It had been a few hours since Shiviana had been crying. Now she is sticking close towards Sora as the latter was sitting beside her.

"Big Brother~"

Currently Shiviana is hugging Sora as she calls him brother. Sora on the other hand is letting out a helpless smile that can be clearly seen. Sora has already removed his masked and shown his true face towards Shiviana.

As to how this happened we will need to go back a few hours earlier.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Shiviana has already stopped crying in Soren's arms and currently she was now apologising with a red face full of embarassment.

"Im sorry..."

"Well its fine." Said Soren as he pats her head.

Towards this action of his Shiviana felt warm inside that she haven't felt all these years since her mother died all those years ago.

"Big Brother..." Shiviana said subconsciously fully immersed in the warmth of Soren's hand.

"Eh...?" Hearing this Soren was perplexed as he didnt expect it.

Finally realising what she said Shiviana crouches down as she covers her red face.

"Sorry...!!! "

"No its fine." Said Soren trying to console the embarassed girl.

After a few minutes Shiviana finally calmed down. Her face was still red and her eyes were darting around avoiding eye contact with Soren.

"Im really sorry... its just that since my mother died I havent felt that warmth. When you patted my head It felt like what my mother told me when her older brothers pats her head." Said Shiviana in a fast and small voice trying to hide her embarassment.

"Well its fine." Then thought for a bit. "How about this, From this day on you are my little sister, is that okay?" Said Soren as he pats her head once more.

Soren knew that Shiviana deep down inside was yearning for familial love after all these years since her mother died. Along with the fact that she had been neglected by her relatives in the clan.

Hearing Soren's words startled Shiviana. After a few moments after understanding his words she let out a smile as tears flowed from her eyes.

Soren... no Sora then removed the mask that covers his face. He then reaches out his other hand to wipe Shiviana's tears away.

"From this point on you will be my, Soren Solaris Atraea's little sister."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Sora and Shiviana are currently walking in the path towards back to Valafar village where Alicia is at. The two of them descended a bit of distance from the village as he does not want others to see them.

"Brother Sora, where are we headed?" Asked Shiviana, currently she is wearing a cloak that has severals enchantments. The most noteworthy was the enchantment that hide identity. As Shiviana was being targetted by Crimson Devil Palace.

"To answer Little Shivi's question, we are currently heading towards a certain village. You see, I have accepted a request to train someone there for a couple of weeks." Replied Sora answering Shiviana's question. Shivi is a nickname that Sora thought of as her name Shiviana was quite long.

"That person should be quite skilled to be able to become a disciple of brother."

"Well she is quite skilled for her own age."

"By the way brother whos stronger me or her?" Asked Shivi curiously.

"It should be you I suppose." Said Sora, it was really obvious who was more powerful between the two. Shivi herself could fend off 3 demon dukes alone compared to Alicia who can only restrain a couple of Orc Knights. Maybe in the future Alicia can catch up but currently Shivi is stronger.

"Well enough of that lets talk about you. Why were you being chased by Crimson Devil Palace." Asked Sora. He wanted to know why she would be chased by them as Demon Dukes wouldnt place that much effort into chasing her.

"My cousin sent them after me. He probably thinks that after my death he would be able to replace me as the next family head." Said Shivi with a sigh.

"Well dont worry too much about it, even if a Demon Lord or a Dragon Emperor comes there is no need to be afraid now that big brother is here to keep you safe." Replied Sora while patting her head to relieve Shivi with worry.

Seeing Sora smile as he pats her head, Shivi's worries lessen and showed a smile.

*Timeskip*

After traveling for some time Sora and Shivi can see the silhouette of Lute village from a far.

The pair of them walked for a few more minutes and finally reached the gate of the village where a guard was guarding.

Upon arriving at the front gate the guard found Sora familiar.

"Aren't you that guy that was with Ms. Alicia?"

The guard recognized Sora from before when he returned with Alicia in the orc incident a while back.

"Yeah, I had some business a while back at the city and have just returned."

"Ah, no wonder I haven't seen you around here. Well I wont hold you up here. The names Paul by the way" said the guard as he extended his right hand.

"Sora" replied Sora as he grasped the hand extended to him and shook Paul's hand.

After bidding farewell Sora along with Shivi went towards the mansion to greet Alicia and Alistaria.

As the two nears the mansion they (Mostly Sora) were greeted by many people who recognized Sora from before.

Arriving in front of the house as Sora was about to knock the door suddenly opened revealing Alicia who was going to go out to buy some groceries.

"Eh..?" There stood a dumbfounded Alicia who didnt expect Sora to be standing there.

Towards the dumbfounded Alicia, Sora smiled and said to her.

"I'm back."