19

Quinn's POV

Harry was awfully silent throughout the car ride home. Which was weird, he didn't even sing along to some of the songs that played on the radio. Something's up, but I'm not gonna force it out of him. Maybe something Violet said really triggered him and he can't put it into the right words yet. Who knows? So as much as I want to know what happened, I'll just let Sam do the hassling.

"You okay?" I asked.

But I am going to make sure he's emotionally okay.

"Yeah, just processing some things."

"Was what she told you that bad?"

"The things that were said weren't bad. They were more eye opening than bad. The truth's bound to come out sooner or later. Just let me figure out the right words before I can give you the details." he winked.

"Okay so here's the plan. We're gonna drop your car off at your house then walk to my house so that I can shower and get ready for tonight and then once I'm done, we'll call an Uber or something and head over to the pub to set things up?"

"Sounds grand. I don't see why we don't just take the car though."

"Because you're gonna be too buzzed to drive and I can't drive in general."

"She's made some points." he laughed.

Once we got back to my house, he watched some tv while I went to shower.

Harry's POV

fast forward to later that night

I really hope I don't slip up tonight and tell Quinn what Violet said, what everyone's been saying. I'd rather her hear it from sober me than drunk me.

"A water on the rocks for the lady." I jokingly told the bartender.

"I hate you." Quinn laughed.

"You look amazing tonight, but you always look amazing."

"Thank you sir." she smiled.

She has this natural glow to her tonight. She looks stunning. I'm breathless.

"Happy birthday." she walked over to Sam and hugged him.

"Thank you." he replied.

"This is for you." she handed him his present.

"For me? Oh darling, you shouldn't have." he said dramatically.

"Go on. Open it."

"Calm down." once he saw what she got for him, his eyes widened, "Quinn, you didn't."

"I did. Where's Elysia?"

"Family thing she had to go to, but she said she'd try to make it if she could later." he paused, "you guys have some drinks yet?"

"Yeah we pregamed before we got here." Quinn deepened her voice.

"No need to be a twat about it." he rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom, don't get too rowdy."

"Anything interesting happen while I wasn't around today?" Sam asked.

"Quinn went with me to meet up with Violet."

Sam gave me a look of disbelief, "for what reason?"

"I needed closure, Sam."

"What'd she say?"

"She cheated because she wanted me to feel the same hurt that I put her through. Apparently, she noticed this connection that everyone else seemed to see between Quinn and I."

"And yet you never listened. It took you your ex-girlfriend to tell you for you to actually see it." he scoffed.

"At least I'm seeing it now, alright? That's what counts. But don't tell Quinn."

"Why not?"

"Because what if she doesn't feel the same way anymore? What if she's moved on?"

"Coming from the person that she confides to when she wants to talk about you, she hasn't moved on yet." he pat my shoulders and walked away as Quinn walked back over to us.

"Where's he going?" she asked.

"To greet some of our friends."

"I suppose you should go do the same then. Thank them for coming to your last minute get together."

"I guess I should, huh?"

She nodded.

"I'll be back then. Don't miss me too much."

"I wouldn't dare dream of it."