28

Harry's POV

Judging by the look on Quinn's face, some extreme words were exchanged just now. I don't want to push her to tell me anything.

When we got home, Sam walked out to see how the date went just to be greeted by a silent Quinn.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Violet happened." I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Violet–"

"Are you guys just my friends because you feel bad for me?" Quinn softly said.

"What are you talking about?" Sam looked at her.

I saw the tears forming in her eyes, "am I a burden to you?"

Sam pulled her in for a hug, "of course not. Who told y– why did she say that?"

"What exactly did she tell you?"

She took a deep breath, "Violet said that I'm blinded by my own loneliness that I can't see how much everyone hates me, that you guys are only my friends because you feel bad for me, and that I'm a burden to everyone."

"Why would she say that?"

"So that I stop talking to Harry and then he can go running back to her." she sniffled.

"Why would she want Harry running back to her?"

"Because she still has feelings for me." I sighed.

"Alright, someone catch me up to speed. What is happening right now?"

"After I got home last night, Violet called me and compared the relationship we had to the one she has now and–"

"Why do you still have her number?" Sam asked.

"I don't have an answer for that. But anyway, she said that he isn't me."

"I think she had people following us. That's how she knew we were going on a date today."

"There was always something strange about that girl." Sam shook his head, "Quinn, you know we love you. Our parents treat you like the daughter they never had."

"You're their daughter." she joked.

"We treat you like family and you know it. With Tom's success, it's hard to pick and choose who genuinely wants to be our friend and you've proven more than once that you're here for the purity of the friendships not because we're Tom Holland's brothers." Sam held her.

"Thank you." she said into his chest, "I know everything she said wasn't true and I shouldn't be listening to her, of all people. But for some reason, whatever she said just keeps repeating in my brain."

"I should've been there to defend you. I'm sorry I wasn't." I sighed.

She walked over to me, "it's okay. We agreed that you would stay in the car anyway, so it isn't that big of a deal."

"But maybe if I were there, she wouldn't have said all these things or at least I'd be able to debunk it." I paused, "you're more important to me than anyone outside of my family. You understand me in ways that Sam doesn't. You're there for me when he isn't able to be. You listen to all my problems and don't try to turn the conversation toward you once you're over listening to my problems. You're always down to do some crazy shit with me and I love you for that, like going out to take pictures at the asscrack of dawn. You take time out of your day to make sure I've eaten and that I'm staying hydrated, something she never even cared to do. Sam's right, our own parents treat you as the daughter they never had. Tessa actually approaches you and doesn't try to avoid you. Paddy loves being around you more than he ever enjoyed being around Violet. Don't listen to anything Violet said because she's wrong. Violet is nothing compared to you. She doesn't know what she's talking about."

Quinn's POV

I kissed him, "thank you."

Sam stood there in awe, "my ship is finally setting sail."

"I hate you." I joked.

"Why don't we just all relax and watch a movie? Mum's making dinner and should be done soon." Sam suggested.

"Sure. Why not?" I shrugged.

"I heard my name." Paddy walked out.

"Just talking about how you're my favorite Holland of the four." I smiled.

"I'd say it's pretty obvious." he laughed.