chapter 16: real

It's in that moment that I realize just how right Riker was when he said I had barely been kissed. Spin the bottle is child's play. This. Felix. This is real. So very, very real and I can barely believe it but it's true. It's actually happening. Felix is kissing me. The kind of kissing that makes a girl's toes curl. His fingers tangled in my hair, the heel of his palm rested against my jaw. His hand rested on my waist, holding me tightly against his chest and it feels like I'm dreaming.

"This doesn't make up for anything," I tell him when I pull away from him, resting my hands on his chest.

"I know," he says before kissing me again and it makes my head spin.

I'm on cloud nine as I press closer to him, his hand moving around to the small of my back. It's like everything else going on loses all importance. Felix suddenly the only thing that matters. His lips softer than I expected, his kiss rough and gentle all at the same time. He's swarming all my thoughts. Taking place of any struggle I thought I had. Replacing everything else going on in my head.

"Montgomery!" Coach Davidson yells, pulling us apart with his shouts. "I'm not here to watch you make-out with your little girlfriend. Get back to practice!"

"Girlfriend," Felix hums out. "That has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you say?"

I narrow my eyes at him, rolling my eyes. "In your dreams."

"I'm sorry, Nicks. I really am."

"So you've said," I swallow, pressing my lips together in a straight line as I meet his eyes.

His lips curl up slightly. "Will you stay until after practice? I really want to fix this."

"I don't know, Felix."

"Please," he begs. "If you still want nothing to do with me after we clear the air, then I'll let it go."

Exhaling, I nod my head slowly. "Okay, I'll stay."

"You won't regret it," he grins and rests his hand on my neck, his thumb caressing my jawline as he leans in to kiss my cheek. "I'll see you in a bit."

"I'm counting on that," I laugh lightly as he turns to jog over to the rest of his team.

Curling my toes in my white sneakers, I hold back the smile trying to creep up on my face as I turn to head for the bleachers. My spine covered in chills as I play with the silver ring on my index finger and try to ignore the bubbling emotion of butterflies in the pit of my stomach. Felix somehow managing to invade every corner of my life.

Robyn catches my attention by whistling at me, smugly smirking at me as I walk by the cheerleaders.

"Shut up!" I point at her, breaking my straight face to laugh. "I hate you."

"That was hot, Vee," she teases.

"Go way," I wave her off.

"You have to tell me everything."

"Robyn!" I whine.

"I will get it out of you," she laughs, directing her finger at me as she narrows her eyes. "My love life is seriously lacking in comparison."

"And I'm supposed to help with that?" I ask, arching an eyebrow at her.

"Yes! I already told you I need to live vicariously through you," she grins. "Just tell me if he's a good kisser or not. He looks like a good kisser."

"You are seriously annoying," I laugh but my stomach is flip flopping at the thought of kissing him again. "Yes, he's a good kisser," I lowered my voice, not wanting to get the attention of her fellow squad members.