11. Somehow I Know We'll Be Fine

P L A Y L I S T

Annabel - Alesana

At the sound of Owen's voice, Perry broke out in a cold sweat. Usually, updates were done via text messages, so when the phone rang and he saw who it was, fear as forceful as a hurricane twisted his insides. But the news couldn't have been better than if he'd waved a magic wand and put her under a spell. Zari was awake, but had no memory! There really must be a God and He was trying to make up for the hell he'd put Perry through. If things went well, Perry just might forgive Him. Time would tell.

Not only was Zari clueless about her previous life, her family didn't want Perry visiting. Not yet. They'd arranged for her to stay in Parkers Prairie, wherever the hell that was, in hopes she'd regain her memory. According to Owen, she probably would, but no way of knowing when. And, she might not recall everything.  That would be even better. She wouldn't remember the cheating, and most importantly, the documents she'd found.  He could get her to fall in love with him all over again and this time, he'd not underestimate her. He'd be damn careful about public displays of affection with Bethany and where he left his briefcase.

He laid the phone on the bedside table and flopped onto his back. Bethany sat up in bed, then straddled him and covered his mouth with a hot, wet kiss so deep his cock jumped to attention.

"Mmm, didn't take you long to get interested," she cooed.

"Baby, I stay interested when it comes to you." Probably one of the only truths.

He really could have it all.

"Well, let me see what I can do about that."

She trailed kisses south, her hard nipples scraping his skin. When she reached her destination, she sucked him into her mouth.

He gritted his teeth. Damn. Once he left the country with Zari, he'd have to take Bethany along. No way he'd ever find a woman who could satisfy him the way she did. Besides, he'd need consoling once widowed so soon after the wedding.

*

Even though Gabriel had a ton of questions, he kept his seat when Dr. Rodriguez and Lewis strolled past the nurses station. Better to wait until he could speak to Lewis alone. The neurologist might not be on board with the plan to help with his patient's recovery.

After Matthew had left, Gabriel read over the notes he'd taken about Zari and tried to memorize them. Jobs, boyfriends,  girlfriends, favorite foods, music, movies, even childhood pets. Having them on his iPhone was perfect. He'd be able to refer to the info anytime or anywhere without her knowing. Did he feel guilty about what he was about to do? Damn right. He just didn't see a way out of it. Her family depended on him, and he'd given his word.

Lewis appeared and sauntered to the couch across from Gabriel and sat. "So, about this stupid conspiracy plot you've agreed to. What's going on with that?"