35. Still I Love You

P L A Y L I S T

Still I Love You (Piano Version) - HIKO

Silbie had done her best not to have a complete meltdown. Every time she woke in tears, she had gotten Owen to have sex. Didn't take much convincing. Well, except for the two times they'd done it without a condom. She'd learned there was a lot to be said for using one. Less mess. Less cleanup. At least for her. Wasn't a big deal for him. Guys had it so much easier. It was really unfair.

Her lack of embarrassment and modesty shocked her. Being naked in front of him felt normal. Which was really crazy because no man had ever seen or touched her. More proof she belonged with Owen, and what she felt was beyond lust or infatuation.

She'd thought that once she lost her virginity, she'd feel different, but she didn't. Well, other than every part of her body being sore. Especially her heart. Each time she thought of him leaving, it cracked a little more. But today, she wouldn't allow herself any tears. She'd be strong—for him. He was already sad enough. She saw it in his eyes

She pulled her hair into a ponytail and stared into the mirror. She didn't look any different either. No womanly glow. Which was probably just an old wives' tale. There was one thing she'd noticed each time the sex ended. She felt more connected to Owen. Maybe it was because she was learning his body—and hers, but whatever it was, she loved him more now than she did yesterday, and she'd not thought that possible.

He could argue all he wanted, she knew she'd never love anyone else. Not like she loved him.

He snaked his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. "I wish we had more time together."

She turned to rub her cheek against his. "This from a man who tried to get rid of me. More than once."

"I've never claimed to be the smartest guy around. I still think you're too young for me, but I'm not going to fight it anymore. I think I proved that by letting you take advantage of me."

She snorted. "Oh—so I'm to blame for last night."

"Damn straight. You're the one who barged in here with a vagina." He laughed.

She shoved him back, then turned to face him. "You think you're funny, don't you?"

He trailed his lips along her jawline. "No. I think I'm happy."

"I am, too. Happier than I've ever been. And my vagina and I thank you."

He pinched her butt. "You told me this would happen. I just didn't believe you."

"What? That'd you'd give in to me?"

"No. That first day in the park. You said you were the girl of my dreams. I just didn't know it yet. Well, now I do. You are."