32. Thoughts Unarrived

P L A Y L I S T

Thoughts Unarrived - HIKO

Between Zari's memories returning and her new job, time had gone into hyper speed. She didn't mind shorter days, but once Gabriel got home, she wanted to slow the clock. Most evenings, after she'd had her way with him, he turned in early, which gave her a chance to write. Only one problem. Since deciding to keep secrets, her muse had gone on a permanent vacay. Didn't figure a song about killing a fish or helping a girl sneak around was the kind of material her fans wanted to hear. They were more into done-me-wrong-songs. Hard to write nowadays because Gabriel did her right—in so many ways.

She climbed back onto the stool and cradled her guitar. So far, tonight's crowd had been rowdier than usual. Must be the full moon. She'd not expected Matthew and Dante to stay for every performance, but they'd insisted. Wasn't much of a sacrifice for Dante since a couple of women had bought him a drink.

Funny, most of the ladies were here because they'd had failed relationships, but according to how they flocked around Dante, they weren't about to give up on finding love.

Behind the bar, Dale and Jerry made drinks as fast as they could, but keeping up with the demand proved challenging until Ellie showed up and pitched in. He flitted around the room delivering orders of hot wings and brews. Thank goodness Dale had expert kitchen help.

Zari looked to where she wanted to perch. On Gabriel. He ambled in, muscles moving beneath the gray Henley, top button undone exposing one of her favorite places to kiss. The hollow of his neck.

When it came time for her break, she disappeared around the corner, she checked to make sure Gabriel headed her way. Didn't take him long to learn the routine. She'd barely gotten in her room when he rushed through the door and hauled her up against his chest and kissed her.

He cupped her ass with both hands. "You didn't wear a skirt tonight."

She backed away. "Sorry. No quickie backstage sex this time."

"And the reason is?"

"I can't do it with Matthew sitting right out there."

"Okay. I can wait until we get home if you're still interested." He searched her eyes and caressed his thumb across her bottom lip. "You alright?"

She nodded. "I'm on pins and needles because of your feelings about Owen.."

Walking to stand behind her, Gabriel slipped his arms around her waist and pressed his chest against her back. "I don't want you worrying about Owen and me. We'll be fine." Gabriel nuzzled her neck just below her ear. "Just so you know, shower sex might be good for you. I'm just throwing that out for consideration."

She loved when he put his lips on that spot. His warm breath floated across her skin causing goose bumps to pop to the surface. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'll think about it. Now leave before I do something stupid because that's how I get when you whisper in my ear. It's like my brain turns to mush."