20. The Drug in Me is You

P L A Y L I S T

The Drug in Me is You - Falling In Reverse

Now Gabriel understood why Zari had quizzed him about having kids. She'd found Rosie's engagement ring and planned out their life together! He should be upset, but no need for that. Her misconception about his impending proposal was no worse than him pretending to be her boyfriend. After what Elena had told him, Zari didn't expect anything to happen until she regained her memory, and once she did, he wouldn't have to explain a thing.

Well, she'd probably want to know what he was doing with a diamond ring hidden in his desk—or not. If he was right, she'd be so upset about the scheme, she wouldn't be speaking to him.

Gabriel inhaled a deep breath of cold, crisp air, pocketed his phone, and went inside. Let the torture begin. Time to help her get naked. Sports. Yeah. He needed to concentrate on sports, and other things he hated, like the word Moist, and the never-ending opening credits to Netflix shows.

He tapped on the bathroom door.

"Come in."

He eased it open. She sat on the commode lid, working to remove her boots.

"Here, let me help you with that."

Kneeling before her, he made short work of the job.

She stood, and unzipped her pants.

He hooked his fingers in the waistband and inched them down.

Basketball. NBA playoffs. Figuring out the brackets. He pictured a player dribbling down the court, but damn if the image of the ball didn't make him think about her round, creamy, soft breasts. Shit.

Shifting gears, his mind went to the Super Bowl, but a vision of the quarterback having the ball snapped from between the center's legs brought Gabriel right back to how close his face was to Zari's thighs. Damn.

He rose to his full height and blew out a silent breath. Once her sweater came off, the powder blue lace bra got his full attention. Snap out of it! Hockey. Yeah. Nothing about that should elicit lust. Burly, semi-toothless men padded from top to bottom, fighting and swinging sticks at a puck...which rhymed with fuck. Sonovabitch.

"Are you okay?"

Her voice jolted him back to reality. "Uh...what?"

"You have a funny look. You feel okay? Stomach acting up again? Maybe it was the meatloaf."

He swallowed, and grumbled, "I'm fine. Turn around and let me unhook your bra."

Once he unhooked the eyelets, she grabbed a towel and held it in front of her, then faced him again. "It's undressing me, isn't it? That's what has you upset."