30. I Want You Anyway

P L A Y L I S T
I Want You Anyway - Jon McLaughlin

WARNING: Mature Themes Ahead

He took over, eased into her, and made himself at home. Her fingers dug into his hips, forcing him deeper. For the last month, he'd fantasized about this, but no amount of imagination came close to reality. Silky wet, hot, and giving. So damn giving. She moved with him in perfect sync. No holding back. Her body melded to his like she'd been made for him.

The way she gripped him had him fighting to keep control. With each thrust, she tightened her muscles around him bringing him closer to the edge. He didn't want it to end. Hell, he wanted to stay inside her forever.

Then her body tensed and he knew she was almost there. "Open your eyes and look at me." He needed that. Needed for her to see it was him giving her pleasure and not some figment of her amnesia. Maybe she didn't remember the guy in Dallas, but Gabriel didn't want to take any chances.

He stretched out long and lean, pushed high into her, and her cheeks flushed as she met his gaze. Eyes dark with desire, she puffed quick, shallow breaths. Caught her bottom lip between her teeth, and came undone.

Gabriel couldn't fight it anymore. Her soft whisper of his name caused him to let go. Pleasure drained from him. And when he was empty, still struggling to breathe, he rolled off her and tried to gather his wits. There at the end, pounding into her, everything had faded away. Everything but her, and how she felt under him. Around him.

"Wow," she said, calm and collected. "Has it always been this good between us?"

"Always." Not a lie. But withholding the truth, made it come close. Deceit stabbed his gut. He should tell her. And he would. But not now. Not tonight when his life was perfect.

"I don't know how I could forget such great sex. You are—amazing."

He rolled up on an elbow. "I just need to know one thing. Did I give you asthma?" Then he laughed.

She turned to face him. "You've been saving that, haven't you?"

He grinned and nipped at her jaw. "Yep."

She shoved him to his back, straddled him, and pinned his hands above his head. "Asthma doesn't begin to describe what you do to me."

"Good to know since I've been out of practice." Oh, shit. That was the wrong thing to say. His brain scrambled.

"What do you mean, out of practice?" Zari quirked an eyebrow.

"Until tonight, it'd been awhile."

She nodded. "Oh yeah. The no-sex rule."

He sighed. Dodged another bullet.

"About that. You're different."

"How?"