The Ackermans

I've intentionally stayed away from the section of the building where my own class is still going on. There are still 10 more minutes to go and I certainly don't wanna run into Shadis after the class. I can already imagine what he'll say if that happens.

"Jaeger! What has your useless ass been doing for the past hour?! Because if you think you can get away with bunking my class and fooling around, you've got a shitstorm coming your way, you worthless piece of twat!"

Nope, definitely don't need that right now.

"Hange, you wanna grab something to eat?" I shout at them. "We could sit in the cafeteria until Armin and Mikasa are back."

"Not hygienic," a certain someone replies before Hange can say anything.

Oh! So you're talking to me now, are you?

"Huh?!" I ask him, not really understanding what he means.

"Tch!" He clicks his tongue, looking annoyed. And I might be in an emotional crisis over this guy right now, but that certainly doesn't stop me from appreciating his attractiveness.

Because damn! That was sexy as hell!

"Cafeteria food is unhealthy as fuck", he continues. "And god knows when they properly cleaned that place last time. It's as good as going to a rat infested island and eating shit!"

Okay. I don't even know whether to laugh or cry.

Luckily, Hange saves me from replying. "It's fine Eren. We had lunch before coming here. You can go ahead if you want to though."

"Nah. I did too, just before you guys came."

I look at my watch. 4:05 pm. The class should be over by now. Which means, Armin and Mikasa will be here any minute.

Just as I start looking around for them, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I take it out. And surely enough, it's Mikasa. She's probably worried why I missed my class and ready to badger me with her lectures. So as soon as I pick up, I start speaking before she can.

"Before you start scolding me, there's someone I want you both to meet."

"Eren-"

"Mika, I promise I'll listen to your lecture after this, but for now just come to the field. And bring Armin!"

"... Fine."

I sigh, putting the phone back in my pocket.

Hange laughs. "Good to see someone who can put you on a leash."

"Yeah, like my mother wasn't enough." I grimace. But then the look on their face sets an alarm in my head. "No, don't say another word!"

Hange presses their index finger over their lips, still grinning widely.

I turn to look at Levi, who's been silent throughout the whole conversation. And for a moment, it feels like he quickly turns his eyes away from me. But I could be wrong.

I don't know anymore.

"Eren!"

I turn around hearing Armin's voice. He's walking across the field towards us, Mikasa beside him. She looks at our direction and I see a look of shock on her face, but it's gone as soon as it comes. I look behind myself to find Hange waving and grinning at them, and Levi watching them with the same bored expression. But his fists are curled at his sides. Somehow he seems a bit edgy, even though his face betrays nothing.