Shock

//Author's Note//

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying my story. As you can see I'm dealing with 'age-difference' here which is quite a sensitive issue, and one of my main characters is a minor, I should properly explain the terms regarding Chronophilia, so that there remains no misconception.

Chronophilia: Where an individual experiences sexual attraction limited to individuals of particular age ranges. Pedophilia, Ephebophilia, Gerontophilia all are different forms of Chronophilia.

Pedophilia: A psychological disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a sexual preference for prepubescent children, meaning children less than 13 years old. It's a paraphilia and most definitely, a criminal offense. And in this story, since Eren is already 17, this in no way falls under Pedophilia. It's a term most commonly misused and misunderstood.

Ephebophilia: Ephebophilia is the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19. Now this is something we can actually associate with Eren and Levi. But actually, that would be incorrect too. Because Ephebophilia is used only to describe the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction. As for Levi, he was attracted to Eren because he thought Eren was older, he wasn't attracted to him because he PREFERS mid-to-late adolescents. And no, Ephebophilia is not a criminal offense, because it only refers to the preference, not an actual act.

Statutory Rape: This one is a criminal offense, because it refers to the sexual act itself. Statutory rape is nonforcible sexual activity in which one of the individuals is below the age of consent, usually refering to adults engaging in sexual contact with minors. Now in our story, if Eren and Levi do end up having sex before Eren hits 18, THAT would be statutory rape which is, of course, a punishable crime. And yes, it will be a crime even if Eren consents, because he is a minor.

Sorry for the long talk, but it was an important thing to explain. Now on with the story!

........................................................................................................

When I return to my own house, the clock reads 11:12 pm.

"Mikasa called", my mother tells me.

Oh yeah, she did ask me to call her tonight, didn't she? After the series of events that happened a while back, you can't really blame me for letting it slip my mind.

"She asked you to call her back. Said it's urgent", mom adds.

I'm almost tempted to ignore it and go up to my room. The past hour is still taking its toll on me. I feel exhausted.

But seeing the way mom is eyeing me, I deem it safer to just give her a call and get it over with. So I walk towards the living room where I left my phone earlier and dial her number.

She picks up at the first ring.

"Eren!"

"Yeah, mom said you called", I keep talking while walking up the stairs. "Sorry, I was outside with Hange and Levi. I'd have called you after getting back."

I wouldn't have, but a little lie won't hurt anyone.

"Ah, yes. Mrs. Jaeger told me. Actually, I need to talk to you about something."

Why does she sound nervous? Mikasa is never nervous.

"What is it Mika? Anything wrong?"

"No, no! I'm fine", she pauses. "Eren, it's... about Levi."

Levi...?