Invitation: Part 1

Have you ever been in a situation where you wanna stay and run away at the same time? You know, like when you accidentally steal a look into a deserted classroom and find two of your seniors getting each other off.

Okay, that was a bad example. But you get my point, right?

What I'm trying to say is I'm facing such a predicament right now. Why? Because of these two persons currently accompanying me. One being completely insane, as always. And another enduring that insanity while venting his anger silently, but unquestionably. In fact, I'm willing to bet his eyes will start shooting ice needles any second. And as much as I'm smitten with him, I don't wanna be on the receiving end when that happens.

We're currently standing inside a convenience store, me standing awkwardly and glancing at Levi ever so often, who is leaning against the side of the counter. One knee bent and propped up against the wall, fingers tapping restlessly against his thigh and eyes following a certain someone with murderous rage. Said someone – who is the main reason we are at the present situation right now – is running around the whole store with enthusiasm unknown to be possessed by any other human. I watch helplessly as they run from shelf to shelf, eyeing every piece of merchandise with interest, inspecting them, and then moving on to another. They don't even bother to take a look at us. And I stand here, listening to Levi mutter endless string of curses under his breath.

I didn't even know someone can create so many swearing words just by using the word 'shit'. I start counting in my head.

Shithead.

Shitstain.

Shithole.

Shitty brains.

Shitty glasses.

The list goes on.

Keeping aside my current fascination at his creativity, I'm actually the main victim here. I don't even fucking know what we're doing here in the first place! One moment I was returning home from school, Hange and Levi tagging along with me. And next thing I know, my crazy neighbor has dragged both of us inside this shop and ran off to the shelves. I know Levi knows what this is all about; otherwise he wouldn't be tolerating Hange's eccentric activities for so long. But like I said, I don't wanna end up dead. So I'm stopping myself from asking him anything and risking my life.

What? He's scar–

Not scary! I did not say scary! I'm definitely not scared of him. Just... maybe a little...

Intimidated! Yes! I'm a little intimidated. That's all!

Satisfied with the conclusion I've come up with, I try to take a peek at him. And let me tell you, the world just wants me to suffer! Because right at that moment, he decides to run his fingers through those silky black fringes. The soft locks slide though those bony fingers. Dark against pale, such a perfect combination. Everything about him is perfect. From the tip of his hair to the end of his toe, every fucking inch is dripping perfection! I stare in awe, death risks be damned. He catches me staring of course, and shoots me a glare that probably would've sent me off running had I not been so mesmerized with the owner of it.

God! He's gorgeous!

I realize my mouth is hanging open. Fuck! I snap it shut before I start drooling and make an even bigger fool of myself.

God fucking damn it Eren! At this rate, you're gonna end up presenting yourself as the creep who drools at the sight of other men and then Levi will run away faster than a lightening!