Invitation: Part 2

I'm halfway through pushing my left leg into the dark grey sweats when suddenly a loud knock at my door startles me. I try to stand and pull my pants up at the same time, and end up tripping over my foot on the ground with a thud.

"Snotty!!" comes the shrilling voice. "You okay?!"

I fumble around for a moment before finally gathering myself, then get up as quick as a lightening.

"How long are you gonna take to change?! It's been half an hour already!"

Oh no! They're here!

"I'm done, I'm done! J-Just a minute!" I'm totally out of breath as I reply.

I hurriedly slide my legs into the sweats, then pull a light brown tee down my head. If I had more time, I'd have liked to give more thought on what I should wear. But sadly, time doesn't seem to be on my side these days.

Suck it up, Eren!

I straighten my hands, smiling satisfactorily when the joints make a loud pop. Then I slide my fingers through the mop of brown locks to see if I can somehow tidy them up a bit, but end up making it even messier than before. I look around. Half an hour hasn't even been nearly enough to clean up the mess my room has become. I could only clear the stacks of books lying around everywhere and organize them into piles on one side of the wall, take all the clothes scattered around the room and shove them inside the closet and clean up the dust a bit.

I sigh. Well, at least it's better than before.

"EREN!!!" another loud knock.

I walk up to the door and open it to let them in. Hange dashes into the room immediately. I'm about to retort loudly when suddenly my voice dies in my mouth. Because right at that moment, I see Levi being dragged inside by them.

Sweet fucking hell! He's in my room!!!

I watch nervously as his eyes scan the whole area. He takes in everything. Slowly. Steadily. Observing all the details. The walls, barely showing their whiteness underneath all the exotic posters. The bed – my eyes catch a corner of the sheet that's still wrinkled – hastily made just before they came in. The pile of books, carelessly stacked one over another. The chair, sitting alone on one side of the room and slightly rocking due to the passing wind. Without realizing my eyes start following his, trying to understand what he's thinking, to decipher what's possibly going on inside that pretty head.

My heart sinks when I see him wrinkle his nose slightly. His mouth opens, as if he's about to say something, but closes after a moment.

Why do I feel so upset about such a silly thing?

"You... don't like it?" I shift uncomfortably.

My mouth is definitely working faster than my brain.

I realize what I've blurted out a moment later and my eyes widen at my own impulsiveness. I can feel my cheeks heat up. But unfortunately, my mouth isn't done.

"I tried to clean up..." Fuck! "I know you don't like dirty things..." Shut up, you stupid mouth! "If I knew you'd be coming, I would've made time to clean up better."

Great! Now I've done it!

I lower my eyes in embarrassment. What the fuck did I just say?! Now he's gonna think I'm super weird, and it's gonna be all over before it even started.