Levi and Mikasa

We're sitting cross-legged on Eren's bed. This time Eren is in the middle with his back against the headboard. Mikasa and I are sitting side by side facing him. We sit in silence – Eren with his eyes closed, Mikasa with an unreadable expression and me observing the other two.

He's already told us everything that happened. Quite calmly, even. And to be honest, I'm still trying to process the whole thing.

Let's state the facts first –

Eren likes Levi.

Levi probably likes Eren.

Eren is 17. Levi is 34.

Levi has a 14 years old daughter.

"Is she his biological daughter?" I asked in the middle.

Mikasa looked at me like I'd grown two heads.

Okay, okay! I put my hands up in surrender and shut up.

Fucked up. Totally fucked up. That's what this is.

"So... uh..." I decide to speak up. "What are you gonna do now?"

"I think that part is obvious", Mikasa interrupts. "There's only one thing left to do."

"And that is?"

Her eyes focus on me. "Move on."

My eyes widen at her bluntness. "Whoa! Couldn't you at least be considerate of his feelings for now? Give the guy some time!"

Her gaze doesn't waver. "Delaying will only cause more pain." She looks at Eren who's still leaning his head back with eyes closed. "I'm only trying to do what's best for him", she says, more softly this time.

"I know, but..."

"Armin", Mikasa looks at me again. But the sternness in her eyes is now replaced with concern. "Look at the situation! That man is 17 years older. Even his daughter has a better chance of getting in a relationship with Ere–" she stops abruptly when Eren groans and covers his ears with his palms.

"... Sorry", she whispers after a while. Her eyes are cast downward. I sigh and reach out to squeeze her hand reassuringly. Mikasa always means well, Eren and I both know that. But it's just that, sometimes her realistic view becomes a little too much.

We wait for Eren to recollect himself. And when he finally removes his palms and opens his eyes, the first words he speaks are directed towards our raven haired friend. "What's your relationship with Levi?"

She stares at him with an unreadable expression.

Wait, what is this now?

"Uh..." my eyes keep moving from Eren to Mikasa and then to Eren again. "Is there something I don't know?"

Turquoise and obsidian turn to me at the same time. And then with a sigh, Mikasa tells me the details of their phone call.

"Oh", I let out a breath. "So, that's how you know about Levi's daughter. Makes sense."

"I still haven't gotten my answer Mikasa", Eren's voice sounds distant. "What is your relationship with him?"

"Eren..."

He stares at her defiantly.

"Fine, I'll tell you", she sighs. "You know Uncle Kenny is my father's cousin, right?"