0.4

|Kevin|

Kevin woke up In half a daze. As soon as he realized it was morning, he made an effort to get out of bed and use the bathroom at least. He was quick to remember, when he woke up more, that he has messaged Jacob before he has slept. A smile made it's way onto his face as he reached for his phone. While doing so, he noticed a red mark in his arm. It was clearly a pen, so he was quickly confused because he never used pen.

Shrugging it odd, Kevin grabbed his phone and saw no reply from Jacob. He pouted slightly; sending a text asking if he was okay. He checked some social media before making his way downstairs and saying hello to his mom.

"Hi sweetie! Are you feeling any better?" She asked him, moving her hand from her side and placing it on Levin's forehead. She smiled as he nodded and she felt that his fever had broke.

"That's good. Wouldn't want you sick the entire time you are down here with us." She said, turning back to the stove where their breakfast was cooking.

"Yeah." He said, sitting on one of the bar stools in the kitchen.

"Your father is taking a shower, than you should. We can go shopping and spend some time together afterwards." Kevin nodded with a hum, seeing his father walking down the stairs. The three ate on mostly silence, some words beings said about how good the food was. They mostly just enjoyed it before Kevin went to go take a shower.

He was in his room, laying out an outfit when he remembered the red dot on his arm. He grabbed his phone, sighing when there was still no response from Jacob. He put his phone back to charge and grabbed a towel, heading to the bathroom.

When he got out of the shower, his phone rang so he pic led it up. It was a FaceTime call from Jacob. A smile planted on his face as he answered the call, setting it down so his face wasn't shown.

"Jacob!" Kevin's voice held excitement and slight worry. He changed into clothes instead of a towel and picked up his phone. His eyebrows moved up as he saw Jacob's red, puffy face and eyes.

"What happened?" He asked, sitting down on his bed. Jacob smiled softly before lifting his arm to display it wrapped his gauze. Kevin's eyes almost popped out of his as his attention was now on the boy's face.

"Before I say anything, this is not a joke as it may seem. I'm 100 percent not lying." He started, his semi-serious tone of voice indicating that he was in fact, not lying, "I was sitting in my desk, taking notes for my extra course when this girl came over to me and started to talk to me. I didn't know her so I got uncomfortable and i guess she could see the look on my face. The next think I knew she slammed her hand on the table but it wasn't the table, it was my arm and she was holding a red pen." Jacob explained, seeing the look of horror and confusion all over Kevin's face.

"How the hell did she not see your arm in the table?" He asked in awe. Jacob shrugged, scrunching his nose up.

"I'm going to guess you were crying by the red and puffiness if your face. I could only image how painful it was." Jacob nodded, smiling sadly.

"It went so far it was so gross. I was in shock for the first couple minutes I guess, cause it didn't hurt that bad so I just raised my hand. When the teacher called on me I kind of walked up to her and she saw the pen sticking out of my arm and immediately sent me to the care office where I went to the hospital." He explained, Kevin shook his eyes.

"That's when you started crying?" Jacob nodded, chuckling softly.

"Okay, it time for you to be discharged." A unfamiliar voice said from the other end. Jacob nodded, saying a 'good bye' to Kevin and canceling the call. Kevin heard his mom call his name and walked downstairs, ready to spend a day with his parents.