2.2

|Jacob/Both|

Jacob woke up from his new alarm clock, thankful that he actually set it, and started getting ready. He brushed his hair and teeth, washed his face and then got dressed. He wore a pair of slightly ripped black jeans and a light blue loose button up tucked in- a sweatshirt as well for the cold weather. He put on his black belt and grabbed his new white shoes before brushing his hair again.

He checked the time and saw that he had about 20 minutes before he had to leave. He went into the living room to put the shoes down before going into the kitchen. Kevin wasn't in there, so he figured the younger was still sleeping.

He grabbed an Apple, eating it before checking the time once more. He had about 7-8 minutes before he had to leave, but he decided that if he was a little early it would be the end of the world. He slipped his shoes on, getting ready to leave when he heard Kevin.

"Have a good day at work!" He turned his back away from Kevin and smile.

"You too." Jacob said back, turning around and opening the door. He walked out and closed the door behind him, starting his walk to work.

When he made it, he was about five minutes early and the café hadn't opened yet. He opened the door with the key Mr. Ko had given him and locked it behind himself. Yanan, Changgu and the new guy Haknyeon were already there.

"Jacob!" Yanan yelled, walked over to the younger and giving him a small pat on the back.

"Good morning." He said, walked behind the counter and putting his apron on. He greeted Changgu and Haknyeon as well, grabbing his tip jar from under the cabinet and put it next to the register. The others followed suit, putting them on the regular spots, one next to the drink pick up, one on top of the pastries and one on the other side of the counter for the register.

"How is your soulmate?" Yanan asked while Changgu went to go open the café door and switch the sign to say 'open'. They had a good five-ten minutes until someone came in, so they usually just have a that time to do what they wanted. Usually, it would be stalking the coffee behind the counter, or making sure the freshly baked pastries were set up nicely. Haknyeon and Changgu where already doing that, so the other two just waited while wiping something down or whatever it may have been.

"Amazing." Jacob whispered quietly. Yanan made a weird noise before pointing to Jacob's hand. He looked down and blushed a bright shade of red. In Kevin's neat, loopy English handwriting read 'You looked very pretty this morning' With a heart.

"Do you understand English?" Jacob asked, and Yanan shook his head.

"Not really, but I know some. I know what that says though." He awkwardly wiggled his eyebrows, Jacob shaking his head and turning around. He thanked god that the first customer came into the store so he wouldn't have to deal with Yanan's pestering.

He worked his full 8 hour shift, being able to take home a couple pastries with him when he got him. He also made about $57 in tips, which he would probably end up spending on Kevin as a thank you. He walked back home and made it by about 2:30, his job ending at 2 anyway.

He knocked on the door, waiting for Kevin to answer and hoped he was home. When the door opened, Kevin let him walk in so he took off his shoes.

"Hello! I brought food!" Jacob said, walking into the kitchen, setting it on the counter. He took of his sweater, walking to his room to change into something more comfortable. He ended up putting on a pair of sweatpants and the same sweater.

When he went back out, he let Kevin take what ever of the four pastries he wanted. He took the other two and they went to sit on the couch and talk about their days.

"How was your day?" Kevin asked, Jacob smiling- a small blush forming on his cheeks as he remembered the incident earlier.

"It was good, but my friend from work was teasing me." He said, taking a small bite of his chocolate croissant. Kevin furrowed his eyebrows, humming as well as if to ask why.

"That message you wrote on your hand. Apparently he can understand just enough English so that he understood what you wrote. He was the one that pointed it out to me as well, otherwise I would have noticed it when I was ringing someone up." He said, laughing and smiling as he did so. Kevin laughed as well, smiling at the older anyway.

"Well, honestly I'm not even sorry." Jacob flicked Kevin lightly in the arm, his sweatshirt getting hit instead of his actual skin.

"How was your day?" Jacob asked, turning the tables on the other boy.

"My day was uneventful. I didn't really have anything to do since my school is shut down for the next month due to repairs, so I kind of have nothing to do during the day. I sat and drew all day." The younger explained.

"Ahh! That's fortunate and unfortunate at the same time." Kevin nodded, finishing his food. Jacob only ate one, giving the other to Kevin who gladly ate it.

"I'm going to take a quick shower since I smell icky. Then we should go see a movie or something. I made like 50 something dollars in tips today, and if we go to the movie theater down the street, you get free snacks if you pay for two tickets, which are half off at this time of day." Jacob said, Kevin's eyes widening.

"Really? How did you even know all of that?" The younger asked.

"Some costumer told me about it today at work. It wasn't the best way to spend a couple minutes, but I guess it came in useful." He chuckled, Kevin nodding.

"I'll take a really quick shower." With that Jacob ran off to his room. He took a five minute shower before quickly changing in simple jeans a long sleeve t-shirt before furiously rubbing his head with a towel running his hands through it, simply too lazy for a brush.

Kevin, in the mean time, changed into something more presentable than sweats and a t-shirt- which was also jeans a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. He went back into the living room, scrolling phone for a solid three minutes before Jacob came out, his still slightly wet hair displayed on his face.

"Your hair is still wet." Kevin said, Jacob nodding. With that, the two headed out as Jacob led the way.