1.6

|Both|

The two boys stayed still, hugging each other like their lives depended on it. Jacob's mind was racing as he thought of all the things he could have tried to do to himself, in order to look a little less of a mess. His was still on Kevin's hold, holding his tears back but overall just genuinely ecstatic that he finally met his soulmate.

Kevin, on the other hand, was thanking everything in the world that his plan worked out. The entire time he was going through the plan, he had no idea if it would actually turn out the way it was meant to.

"Thank you!" Jacob was the first to break the small silence that surrounded the couple. Kevin furrowed his eyebrows as Jacob exited the hug and looked at him with such a large smile, that he had to blink to completely comprehend it. His original confusion came back and he tilted his head slightly.

"For this?" He asked, motioning towards the both of them. Jacob smiled, nodding.

"I know it's quite obvious that I have always wanted to meet my soulmate. I've said it multiple times but this;" he paused for a moment, "this is amazing on so many levels! So, thank you!" Kevin smiled back, his eyes disappearing.

"You don't know how happy and relieved I am to hear that." Kevin breathed out, scratching his nape awkwardly. Jacob chuckled a little, lightly clapping his hands together.

"Do you want to talk around the park?" Kevin asked, smiling as Jacob shook his head; answering yes.

The two started to walk, their hands eventually coming together and swinging lightly by their sides. Millions of questions flew around both of their heads, but both of them avoided asking them as it was their first time meeting face to face.

They enjoyed the silence and one another's presence in general. They would stare glances at each other, both bewildered by one another's beauty. Jacob realized how adorable Kevin's minimal amount of lips were and how he pouted naturally when talking. Kevin realized that Jacob was shorter than he pictured, and that he was at a concerning level of thinness. His clothes hung off him and Kevin bit the inside of his lip to stop himself from grabbing the boy and pulling him to the nearest food truck or supermarket to give him all the food he wanted.

They had eventually walked around the entire park in silence. Kevin suddenly stopped walking, their connected hands forcing Jacob to stop as well. He made a little 'hum' sound and looked at Kevin to silently ask if he was alright/what had happened.

"I- I don't really know. I have so much I want to say to you, so much I want to ask. But I also just want to walk around and enjoy the beautiful view, oh and the park." He said cheekily, but somewhat seriously. Jacob's cheeks quickly heated up and he chose to ignore the second part of the sentence.

"We can walk and talk, or we can go somewhere and talk. I myself have a lot to say and ask as well." He offered, giving Kevin a reassuring squeeze on the hand, as well as a small smile. Kevin took a deep breath and thought for a moment. He contemplated the options before deciding on one.

"Do you want to go to the ramen place down the road? On me?" He asked, feeling Jacob stiffen next to him. He quickly added something else to help reduce the tension in the other male. "Or do you want to keep walking around the park. We can go somewhere else as well. I'm good with anything, as long as I can talk to you." Jacob looked at his feet quickly before his head lifted.

"Follow me." He said, excitedly. He started pulling Kevin with him and the two walked down the road. Kevin was confused at the sudden behavior change in Jacob, but Jacob was too caught up in wherever he was trying to navigate to, that he didn't see.

The walked for a little longer before they appeared in the middle of a clearing of bushes.

"Wha-" Kevin started, being interrupted by Jacob.

"Come here." He pulled Kevin onto the grass and moved some of the bushes out of the way. He walked past them, checking if Kevin was behind him. He motioned the younger to follow him. He did so, and his mouth fell agape.

"Holy crap!" He said, his eyes widening at the sight in front of him. There was a clearing of the greenest grass he had ever seen. Flower bushes were everywhere, along with a fountain that had different paths of water splashing up in it. There was a small, man-made waterfall that was flowing into a stream connecting to a small pond.

What was the most breathtaking was the fact that the sun was reflecting off the water and breaking into millions of different sun rays, some of which hit Jacob from behind. He flowed from around and his smile expanded as he spread his arms out to spin around. He walked on the large pathway, motioning Kevin to follow him.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asked, looking at Kevin for an answer. The younger's mouth was still open as he nodded, looking around. Jacob chuckled again, walking to were there was a bench. Once again, he motioned Kevin to him, but to sit next to him.

"We can talk here?" He asked, Kevin nodding and sitting next to him gave him the answer he needed.

——

Oh hey, it been two weeks and I finally updated!! Sorry about that...

Thank you so so so much for 2k+ reads!! It means a lot to me that people read this story!!

Please continue to support my book! ❤️