2.4

|Both|

The next couple of weeks went by the same. Jacob working and trying to get money, while Kevin did what ever he ended up doing over the time Jacob was gone.

They would hang out during Jacob's days off and just try to get used to the feeling of being with each other in real life, instead of over a phone.

Jacob has even saved enough to get his phone up and running again, and he started saving again so he could pay Kevin back. As much as the younger would refuse his money, he still would give it to him one way or another- or that was the plan he had made with himself.

It was one of Jacob's days off when him and Kevin decided that they needed to do some grocery shopping. Kevin had finished getting dressed, and was passing his feet through the house, stopping in front of Jacob's closed bedroom door. He knocked softly, asking 'if he could come on'.

"Yeah, come in." Jack replied. Kevin opened the door and snorted at what was happening. Jacob has thrown something on the top shelf of his closet, and he was jumping to try and reach it. The closet door was wide open, allowing Kevin to see as soon as he walked into the room.

"Hey, it's not funny! I didn't think I would need this hat." He said, looking at the younger with a small pout on his face.

"Do you need the step stool?" Kevin asked, Jacob nodding his head. He walked out and grabbed the step stool from the small closet in the hallway, walking back into the other's room.

Jacob was still jumping, trying to reach the hat- despite knowing Kevin was bringing a stool. He laughed again, Jacob only huffing a little at him and trying to jump again.

"I brought the stool!" Kevin said. Jacob made a sound the said 'I know' and continued to jump for the hat. Kevin was still laughing, Jacob looking at him. "Just use the stool." He added.

"In a minute, I want to see if I can get this by myself." The older retorted jumping once more.

"How long have you been doing this?" Kevin asked, Jacob shrugging and smiling widely.

"I don't know, but I'll give up in a second, I want to try one more time. I refuse to believe I can't do this, I'm not short." He explained, Kevin nodding with a goofy smile on his lips.

Jacob did in fact try once more, but he was unsuccessful once again. He walked by Kevin with a small pout on his lips.

"Can I use the stool?" He asked, Kevin chuckling softly and handed it to him. He walked over, put it down and got the hat with ease. Kevin took the stool from him and put it away.

They got their shoes on and made sure wallets and phones were equipped before stepping out the door. Kevin called a taxi and they headed to the store.

Much to Kevin's liking, Jacob was eating normally and was willing to try a bunch of the food Kevin liked, no matter the weird combination. Of corse, he ended up not liking some of the different once. Even teasing Kevin a little when he would eat different fruits dipped in maple syrup, sayin 'his Canadian was showing'. Kevin would fair back with 'you like it too, and you're also Canadian'.

The store wasn't too far, so it was a quick way there. With their bags around their shoulders, the two boys stepped into the store and started their shopping. The only bought what filled up the two bags they had brought, and headed back home to put it back where it belonged.

"We should make dinner some lunch." Kevin suggested, Jacob turned to him with a terrified look on his face.

"Not after last time, you can but you know what happens when I cook." He stared, Kevin not being able to stop the small snort that came out of his mouth.

"Yeah, anything but cereal." He said matter-of-factly. Jacob nodded, not trying to deny it. "But fair. Okay, I'll make lunch but you have to stay in here to keep me company." He stated, Jacob nodding.

"Of course!"

Both boys smiled and Jacob stood in the corner of the kitchen to be out of Kevin's way, while he younger decided to make friend rice and chicken. He would occasionally ask Jacob to grab him something, that was in reach for the older of course, and thanked him with a fond smile. The older would usually shyly reply with 'you don't have to thank me, you are the one making lunch for us', or some variation of it.

After about half an hour, Kevin was finished and played their food before getting Jacob to the couch. They both sat down before Jacob gasped a little and stood up to go back into the kitchen.

"What do you want to drink?" Jacob asked, peaking his head out of the kitchen entryway and looking at Kevin from his stance on the couch.

"Cola please!" Kevin said, Jacob nodding and disappearing for another minute. He walked back to the couch and set Kevin's drink next to his plate, as well as putting his own drink next to his own plate.

The two ate, sharing stories of their weeks in further depth, laughing and cringing at things that happened to Jacob, and some of the... special costumers he had sometimes.

The rest of the day went by the same, talking and hanging out, enjoying Jacob's day off and Kevin glad to have company for a day, especially because he went back to school in a couple days.

They both went to sleep with relaxed bodied and happy smiles on their faces.

——

Only like one or two more chapters of this story left!! Thank you for reading, it means a lot.