2.3

|Both|

The two walked down the road, the wind blowing around them in a calming breeze. It wasn't the coldest degree, but not the warmest. They enjoyed the presence of one another, instead of feeling the need to fill it with a conversation.

After several minutes, the two made it to the movie theater, the lobby being somewhat crowded, but not too bad for a 'sale' on tickets.

"What movie do you want to see?" Jacob asked quietly, moving his hand to motion towards the board that displayed what movies where playing. Kevin followed where his hand was pointing, and glanced at the movies, trying to find one that caught his attention.

"What genre do you prefer, I should say?" Jacob rephrased. He heard Kevin hum and turn to him.

"Usually, I don't have a preference, except romance. My top three, cause I can't pick just one, would probably be Horror, comedy and Si-Fi!" He explained, Jacob nodding. He put his hands in his jean pockets and clenched them into a fist, hoping to god that Kevin didn't pick a horror movie.

The younger went back to searching the board until he made a popping sound with his mouth, signaling that he made a decision. "How about 'Ma'? I've wanted to watch that since I saw the previews." He said, Jacob mentally cursing him.

"Uh, sure." Jacob said, his voice wavering slightly. Kevin seemed to notice, as his face morphed into one of confusion and question, by it quickly switched back to normal.

They walked up to the teller and paid for two tickets, only paying $6 for the both of them. They walked over to the snack vendor and decided that a large popcorn and two medium drinks was enough for them. They got their food and drinks and walked to the correct theater, finding their seats rather quickly, and sitting down.

They had to wait about five minutes before the previews would start, and while they did, they ended up quietly discussing about their days. They were sat at the top row, not having to Crain their necks to see the screen.

The theater was slowing getting more filled, not too many people ended up in the room at the end- as it turned out. They continued to talk, up until the movie was starting. The theater for dark and the movie began.

At first, Jacob was fine- or at least that's what he told himself. The movie wasn't scary at the beginning, but as it got creepier, he found it harder to continue looking at the screen. Kevin seemed to notice this, and smiled softly as he took the older's hand in his own. Jacob closed his eyes, hiding his face in his arm. Kevin wrapped and arm around him, pulling him closer thanks to the connected reclining seats in the theater.

"Why didn't you say you don't like scary movies?" Kevin asked quietly, watching as Jacob hid his face in His own shoulder.

"I didn't want you to think I was a wimp." He admitted quietly, Kevin barely being able to make out the words. He frowned slightly, guilt slowly filling his mind.

"You know I wouldn't think that. If you want to leave, we can." He offered, feeling the other shake his head in his shoulder.

"No, you wanted to watch the movie, I'll just stay here." Jacob replied. Kevin smiled and pulled him all the more closer, gently rubbing the older's arm with his thumb.

They stayed like that the entire rest of the movie before they left, throwing out their trash on the way. It took both of their eyes a moment to adjust to the light change, before they were back on the way home- their hands still staying together.

Once they made it home, Jacob went into his room to change into something more comfortable for sleep, and so did Kevin. They went back into the living room and sat down. Kevin had brought out his drawing stuff and was randomly practicing his drawing skills, Jacob watching from right next to him.

Surprisingly, it made Jacob forget about the movie as he was amazed at Kevin's skills. Sure, he had seen some drawings over the phone screen, but he had never seen one in real life, let alone the process of creating a drawing.

"Wow!" He found himself mumbling, Kevin looking at him with a fond smile on his face.

"What?" He asked, Jacob's face turning a light rosy color.

"Oh, I didn't mean to say that out loud." He mumbled to himself, scratching his nape awkwardly as well. "I just think you are a really good artist!" He said, his voice quiet as usual. Kevin smiled, a small 'thanks' being thrown at Jacob.

They continued to sit in silence, Jacob watching Kevin draw before he said something about having to work early the next morning and that he should try to sleep. Kevin set his drawing stuff down, standing up after Jacob and pulling him into a light hug.

"Good night." He said, kissing the top of his head. Jacob blushed, hugging back and mumbling a 'good night, Kev' into his shoulder. Once they pulled apart, Jacob noticed the light red on Kevin's cheeks. "Sleep well!" He added, Jacob nodding and telling him 'you too' as he walked into his room.

He prepared for bed before actually laying down. He stared at the ceiling thinking about Kevin- the only thing that was on his mind.

He realized just how perfect the younger was. From his beautiful eyes, his high cheeks bones and small lips that gave him his own charm. The way he treated people, the way he cared about even just Jacob, alone was enough to make the older feel overwhelmed. But in the best way possible. It was a feeling he couldn't describe all too well, as it was something he had never felt before.

He fell asleep, many questions going through his mind.

——

THANK YOU FOR READING!!

My nose is congested but I felt like writing so here you go!! Have a good day/evening/night!!