0.5

|Jacob|

"Dammit, I'm going to be late." He silently cursed under his breath. The wrap on his arm was making it slightly harder to do anything, as he was already a slightly uncoordinated person. He quickly, and messily, put all his things in his bag before sprinting out of his run-down apartment. He had his keys and phone, sprinting the couple blocks down the road where his job was.

He had been working harder on his school work, trying to study for the up coming finals he had. His job started at 8:30 at night and went until 5:30 in the morning. Then he would got back to his crappy one-bedroom, one-bath apartment so he could shower and grab his school bag. He would have to go to school from 6:45 to 3:00 in the afternoon.

"Uhh." He groaned, making it through the door and going behind the counter. He put his stuff in the designated spot and took out a pen, writing the times '8:30-5:30' and '6:45-3:00' on his arm, knowing he would forget times. He rubbed his eyes, putting on his over shirt and going behind the register. Sangyeon, his co-worker and friend was sitting on the stool there, waiting for his chance to leave.

"You're taking my spot? Please tell me you don't have school tomorrow!" Sangyeon said, Jacob only shrugging in response. The older sighed, taking Jacob by the shoulders.

"Did you at least sleep?" He asked, feeling Jacob's forehead and inspecting his wrapped up wrist. "And what happened to your wrist?" He added.

"It's a long story, but shortened I was stabbed by a pen. I d-" he thought for a moment, "didn't sleep." He put his head down. Sangyeon sighed, looking at him.

"You know I can help you. Please just tak-"

"No, Sangyeon I couldn't do that. It's way to much to ask." He said, blinking while his eyes stayed closed for a moment. He felt his phone buzz in his back pocket and Sangyeon's eyes on him.

"I know, but please. If you ever need it." He said, grabbing his stuff.

"After school, don't study. You need to sleep! You're a really smart boy, you will be fine not studying for one day, okay?" Sangyeon asked, Jacob nodding and taking a seat at the stool. Sangyeon left and he blinked the tiredness out of his eyes.

Remembering the buzzing phone on his pocket, he quickly grabbed it and opened up the texts. Kevin was spamming his phone.

The Moon

Go to BEDDDD!

It's late there and you have school tomorrow

Plus your upcoming finals

You need rest

Sleep

I can't, I have work

But I'd like 8:45 there

And... I work the night shift tonight

Jacob

You have school tomorrow

I know

And

If you are working til 5:30, and your school starts at 6

And I know you were not sleeping earlier in the day from your Injury

Your are possible going to go about two days with no sleep

And I will not allow it

I have to go! I will talk to you later

JACOB BAE DON'T

YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF

I know, and I'm trying my best

We are talking about this soon

After you are well rested

Be safe <3

I will! Thank you <3

Jacob put his phone back, stifling a yawn with the back of his hand. A costumer came up to the counter and he checked out her item before giving her a price and watching her leave.

The same thing happened with the few people that actually came into the store. That is until it was 5:30 and the replacement worker came in. He grabbed his stuff and was met with his boss.

"Jacob, I'm really sorry to tell you this, but we have to let off some people. The store can't afford as many people as there are and since you are one of the newer workers, it is only fair that you are fired. I'm really sorry." His boss said, patting him in the shoulder, before walking away. Jacob's mouth fell open and he groaned, walking out of the store. He walked to his house, throwing all his stuff on the ground and grabbing his school bag.

He made sure everything was in it before running a hand through his hair and pulling at it. His lack of sleep, lay off and overwhelmed body was about to break, but he held in breath before telling himself 'school is over in a month, and I will be able to get a real job' before exiting his apartment and walking quickly to school.