1.2

|Kevin|

After morning classes had ended, and it was time for lunch, the group of boys headed to their normal spot outside of the campus. They were sat at a table, conversing over the earlier topic of the day. Most of the focus was on Changmin, who's dimples cheeks were dusted a shy, pale shade of pink.

Hyunjoon, who was next to Changmin, was slightly teasing him and poking the older in the arm, asking him about his soulmate situation.  Kevin was listening, but not really. His mind kept wondering to a certain boy he was connected to for the rest of his life. His face had a soft smile as he thought about the millions of conversations the two had had.

A couple of the other boys had realized this, but chose to ignore it as Soft Kevin™️ was a rare Kevin. As Hyunjoon kept bugging a shy Changmin, Kevin's own hand reached for a pen out of his bag. He started to draw whatever he thought of on his arm. By the time lunch was over, Chanhee having to snap Kevin out of his drawing trance before the bell rang, they headed off to their own classes and waiting for the end of the day.

Once his day finally ended, Kevin met up with his friends a final time for the day and said their goodbye's before separating to their own things. Kevin happily ran to his apartment, literally throwing his belongings on his couch and grabbing his phone out of his pocket. He check the time, seeing that it was 4:30, and hoped that Jacob's lessons were done.

Before messaging him, he noticed more times on his right hand, as well as a couple names of places. He looked to his other arm, different patterns and random cartoon characters drawn all up it.

He turned back to his phone, getting to talk to Jacob being his next main priority. He started with a simple message of 'HI!! Can you FaceTime yet?' And set his phone down to make something to eat. He didn't expect a quick response but was surprised when he got one. He grabbed his phone again and saw a 'yeah, I'm at home now' as a reply.

Without any more thought, he tapped the FaceTime icon and waited for Jacob to answer. It took a couple rings before a familiar, shy smiled face popped up on the screen.

"Hi~" Jacob said sweetly, his smile growing ever-so-slightly. Kevin's face brightened up at the sight of the other and he waved wildly at the screen.

"Finally, we get to talk." He sighed, calming down a little. Jacob nodded, his tired eyes closing as he did so. Kevin noticed how painfully thin and pale the elder looked, but chose to leave it be for the time being.

"How was your first day back after break?" Jacob asked, breaking the small silence.

"It was okay! I got to see my friends and one of them finally met his soulmate." He explained, Jacob's eyes glistening at the mention of someone meeting their soulmate.

Something Kevin had learned over the years, or really anyone who payed any attention to Jacob, is that he loved seeing couples get together. Especially with the soulmate skin-to-skin connection, it was something he was always comforted by, in a way. Of course, he always had the desire to meet his own soulmate.

"That's so amazing!" Jacob beamed. Kevin nodded, looking at his own wrist and the drawings.

"I know! Apparently they hung out the entire time, from what I remember of the conversation." Kevin replied, Jacob nodded.

"How was your lecture?" He added, hating to see the shine in Jacob's eyes break.

"It was kind of boring, but my finals are next week, so they are going to let us study for the next couple lecture times instead of sitting through more lessons." He said, a smile returning to his face.

"What about other classes?" Kevin asked.

"Well, we don't get the time in class to study, we have to do that on our own. We still have lessons until Monday!" He replied, turning his face way from the screen for a second before looking back. Kevin nodded, a sad smile creeping onto his face.

"You look pale and extra thin today!" He said cautiously. Jacob nodded, holding up a bottle of water and bowl of what appeared to be cereal.

"I went grocery shopping!" He semi-lied, Kevin's eyes widening in a good thing. It quickly disappeared as he saw Jacob turn to him with a frown on his face.

"I'm going to go, I need to study and then try to learn more lessons! Talk to you tomorrow?" The older asked, Kevin frowning but nodding nonetheless.

"Please don't forget to sleep!" Kevin said quickly, watching Jacob nod and hang up the phone, mumbling something inaudible. Kevin sighed, getting up and flopping on his bed backwards.

He looked at his right arm, the neat but somehow sloppy handwriting that formed letters slowly seeped into his brain as it formed an idea.