1.7

|Both|

There was a small silence that developed around the two before Jacob decided he would break it. He already knew that Kevin had many questions, as the last time they talked on the phone was a while ago. His phone was turned off anyway.

"I know you have a lot of questions about why I don't answer my phone a lot and just overall about my life. You can ask them, and I will answer as much as I can." He said quietly. Looking at his lap before taking a quick glance as Kevin.

The younger boy was slightly buzzing, his brain running through 8 million different questions to ask and just overall wondering which one to ask first. He sighed, wiping his sweaty hands on his pants and taking a deep breath.

"I don't know where to start, so I will ask this one first- why did you study so hard for so long on your finals while also having a job?" He finally asked, making eye contact with the older Canadian.

"Well, I need a good job so I can pay my rent and other bills, plus my school registration but I need a good education to get a good job. I need a job now to pay for all those things until I get a real job. I found certain things to be more important to pay for than others and focused on those things." He explained, waiting for Kevin's next questions.

"Do you live by yourself?" Kevin asked, his eyes filled with a mixture of confusion and wonder.

"Yes, I do." Jacob replied, bracing himself for the next question.

"Why? Did you move out as soon as your parents allowed you too?" He asked, Jacob shaking his head.

"I didn't technically move out. This is kind of a long story, so bare with me. I was kicked out of my parents house after they found out that, not only am I gay but I also have a male soulmate. They didn't like that idea so my dad beat me from when I was about 10 years old until I was 15 years old and than I was kicked out of my house. My friend Sangyeon helped me find a cheap apartment and a part time job. My school gave me the rest of the year free, as well as the next year until I could earn enough money to pay for myself. I switched from a couple low paying jobs and now I'm here, still in the same position." He explained, taking a deep breath afterwards.

Jacob turned to look at Kevin, who's mouth was hanging low. The older looked down, suddenly feeling ashamed of himself. Kevin rested his hand on Jacob's, who's was on his lap.

"Jacob, why didn't you say something to me? Or at least ask for help from me or even Sangyeon? You know that we would have helped you." He reasoned, his voice in a whisper.

"I know, and Sangyeon tried to help me but I wanted to do this by myself. I don't want to trust people that easily, but that's not why I didn't tell you. I- I don't really know why I didn't tell you, I guess I just didn't want you to worry as much as I already know you did." He said, biting his lip and looking at the waterfall at the other side of the secluded area. Kevin moves over and wrapped his arm around Jacob, bringing him into a side hug.

"You don't know how worried I was, and still am. You are very, very thin and it's concerning. I know how you don't sleep that much, especially before when you would study and than go to school and then work. It kept me up at some points because I wanted to help, but didn't know how or what to help with. I hope you know that o care a lot about you. I know a lot about you too, just- I never thought that anything bad was going on. Especially with you family. I'm not mad at all, just please, please let me help you." Kevin almost begged, his arm having moved off from around Jacob and instead grabbed both of his hands and held them.

"I know you probably don't want to except help, but I really, really want to make sure you are okay. Your health should be your number one priority, not school, not work and especially not me. Without you being healthy, there is no you. Please, please just take that into consideration and let me or maybe even Sangyeon help you." He pleaded. Jacob took a deep breath, multiple tears falling from his eyes as the entire situation came down on him.

"I'm sorry for making you worry. I just, don't want my dad to find me again. H-he did a lot of damage in that five years. I especially don't want him to find you. That's why I can't except your help. P-please understand. It's for your own sake." Jacob said, squeezing Kevin's hand.

"I don't care whether or not he finds me. My uncle is a lawyer and his sister is a police officer. If anything, I can get my uncle to sue your dad for abusing you." Kevin said, letting Jacob rest his head on his own shoulder.

"Maybe one day. I mean I have the scares to prove it. That's something for another day though." He awkwardly chuckled after that, avoiding the gaze Kevin had put on him. They stayed silent for a while, taking in all the new information.

"If you want, we can go hand out at my house. It's more private and we can continue talking about this. I have question's for you too, but not really about this. I- I might take you up on that help as well." Jacob hesitantly replied, Kevin nodded.

"Okay!" He said.

"Just, don't react when you see my apartment. Better yet, we probably shouldn't go. I don't have an power or hot water." He shyly admitted. Kevin looked at him.

"No, we should go. But, I will get you to accept my help!" With that, the two set off to Jacob's apartment.

——

Thank you for reading, and it's summer break so I will try and update a little more frequently.

Love you all, and thank you for the support!