1.5

|Jacob|

It had been a couple days, and his finals were almost over. He was sitting in his last test, finishing it up. As soon as he did, he smiled and relaxed a little physically in his chair. He had been studying on and on for the last month, trying to retain more information and refresh his mind of information from before.

He had gotten little sleep over that time, his life at home was crazy, his electricity was out as well as his hot water. Added to that, his phone was out as well. He was finished with training, and had started actually working. It was much different than his last job.

Speaking of his job, his class had let out and everyone was cheering. Their last final was finished and they could go home, rest, sleep, eat food and just spend their day how they would have liked.

Jacob went to his house, changed into a long sleeve white t-shirt and a pair of baggy jeans. He grabbed his phone, despite it being turned off, and he walked to his place of work. He walked in the café and was instantly hit with the pleasant smell he had grown to love so much. It smelled like coffee and chocolate, with a little bit of cinnamon.

"Hi Jacob!" Yanan greeted quietly from behind the counter. Jacob walked closer to the counter, a 'hi Yanan' escaping his mouth.

"It's your day off, did you come to study?" Yanan asked, slightly confused. Jacob smiled at him, shaking his head.

"No, I just came to hand out. I finished my last final test and I need to relax." He replied, causing Yanan to nod and also smile back.

"That's cool! What do you want? I mean, there is like one other person here and they already ordered." Jacob thought for a minute.

"Just an iced chocolate mocha, but a small." He said, Yanan nodding. Jacob pulled out a couple dollars he had gotten from tips, and handed it to Yanan who gave him his 50 cent change.

He waited for his order, which Yanan handed him, as well as a muffin.

"It's on me, you need to eat something." Jacob nodded, thanking him and going to sit in one of the booths. He sat down and looked out the window, the view of the streets being a sight for sore eyes to him.

He heard the bell above the door ring, signaling someone had entered the café. He ignored it and continued on looking out the window. It wasn't long before the view got busy, as it was now 4:30 and everyone was leaving work. He turned back and continued to sip on his drink.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see something written on his hand, so he rolled his sleeve up a little bit. Already smiling because he knew it was Kevin's doing, he read the three words and a smiley face.

'I see you'

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the words in confusion. Suddenly, a figure was standing next to his table. He stiffened at the very familiar voice.

"Can I sit here?" He looked up, his eyes widening. Kevin, in all his glory, was standing right there. A large smile was on his face as he took the seat across from Jacob anyway.

"Oh my god, this is happening." Jacob whispered, his eyes still wide. Kevin nodded, setting his own drink down on the table.

"Do you want to go for a walk with me?" Kevin asked, waiting for Jacob's response. All the older Did was nod.

They both grabbed their drinks, and put them on the counter where you are supposed to put them. They walked out of the café and started walking towards the park down the road. There was a silence around them making it a little uncomfortable so one of them decided to break it.

"I'm really glad that you don't remember things. That's how I found you, at that café. You kept writing it on your arm and I followed it." Kevin explained, looking to the side at Jacob's astounded face.

"Wow, that's- this is all- amazing." The older replied, smiling widely.

"Aw, your smile is so nice in real life and not just over a screen." Kevin said, slapping a hand over his mouth. " I didn't mean to say that out loud." He mumbled. Jacob turned bright red and looked at his feet.

"I finally met my soulmate." He whispered, his biggest dream finally coming true. A hand appeared in his vision, so he looked up. He was met with Kevin's smiling face once more. He understood what was happening and put his hand in the younger's.

Kevin quickly pulled him in a hug. Jacob was slightly startled, but he hugged back. Tears welled in his eyes as he eventually melted into Kevin.

He finally felt safe!

——

Haha... 2 chapters in one day!! I got excited writing this.

This is not the end of the story, as it may seem.