2.1

|Both|

In the morning, Jacob woke up from a deep sleep, to the smell of food. He rubbed his eyes, running his hands through his hair before pushing his blanket off himself and standing up. He opened the door to his room and quietly walked towards the kitchen- of course where the smell was coming from.

He saw Kevin standing at the oven, pancake batter in the pan. He smiled seeing Kevin's messy hair from the back. "Hi Kevin~" He said quietly, hoping not to startle the younger male. All he did was turn around and smile before a sudden sad look appeared on his face.

"No, this was supposed to be a surprise." He pouted, Jacob only chuckling a little at him.

"Do you want me to go to my room and pretend I didn't see anything?" The older suggested, getting a head shake as a response.

"No, you already know, so there is no point." He said, walking foreword and lightly rubbing his hand on Jacob's head. "Your hair is really poofy right now."

"I know, I ran my hand through it as soon as I woke up, but it didn't seem to do much." Kevin nodded, smiling and walking back over to he stove. He flipped the pancake and waited a little more for it to cook all the way through.

"So, these pancakes might suck but it's fine." Kevin said suddenly.

"Pfft, they look great!" Jacob said, motioning to the light brown top of the pancake.

"Yeah, But I've never made these pancakes before. They are a homemade recipe my mom used to make when I was a lot younger. I had her send my the recipe and I tried to copy it exactly, but I might have failed." He said, rubbing his nape. Jacob chuckled, a wide smile displayed on his face.

"That's fun, but I still don't think they will suck." He said, Kevin shrugging. Kevin continued to cook more pancakes, while Jacob awkwardly watched him, not knowing what to do.

After they were done, Kevin plated them and grabbed two forks and knifes, as well as maple syrup and paper towels. He put those on the table and came back for the pancakes, motioning for Jacob to follow him. They sat down at the coffee table in front of the tv and turned on a random show.

"So, since you don't eat a lot, I want to change that and get you a little healthier, so eat what you would normally eat if you have a meal, and try to eat just a little more." Kevin said, Jacob nodding. The two boys ate and watched tv for a little while, having conversations here and there.

When they were both done eating, Jacob complimenting Kevin a million and one times about how good the food was, they both got up and put their plates in the sink. Jacob insisted on washing them, which he did, before they decided what to do first.

"We should go to the store first and get you some toothpaste, a toothbrush, soap as so on, than we can go to the mall and get you some clothes." Kevin said, Jacob hesitantly nodding his head.

"Okay, but when I can, I'm paying you ba-"

"No you aren't!" Kevin cut him off, smiling cheekily before running into his room.

"I will!" Jacob yelled, smiling before going into his room.

"Wait, is it supposed to be cold today?" He asked, hoping the younger could hear him.

"Yeah, wear something warm." Kevin yelled back.

"Okay, thank you." He didn't get a response after that, and instead started getting dressed. He threw on a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt as well as a baby pink sweater. He brushed his fringe out of his face, as it had gotten long and was in his eyes most of the time anyway.

He put on a pair of socks, the only pair of shoes he owned already being at the front door. He walked out of his room, meeting Kevin at the front door. The two walked out and to the nearest store, talking more about themselves and random facts so they could know even more about one another.

Once they made it to the closest store, they were able to get Jacob a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, deodorant, a hair brush and other things for his bathroom. They also got an alarm clock for Jacob so he knew when he needed to wake up, since his phone didn't work go now. They called an Uber to take them home so they could put everything away, before heading out to adventure to the mall. They walked as it was down the street and also walked around the mall.

They went into most of the stores that weren't bat shit crazy expensive and were able to get Jacob multiple casual outfits as well as a couple for work, which were just a little nicer.

"Should we walk?" Kevin asked, Jacob nodding.

"Sure, I mean it's not that far." He said. They ventured their way out and started walking back home. Both of them were happy with the outcome of the day. Jacob put all his stuff away, refusing Kevin's help since he bought it and Jacob already owed him that. Kevin of course denied that, and gave Jacob a quick hug and said he was going to go to bed.

Jacob showered after putting everything away, the warm water hitting his back and washing away all his stress for that time being. One he was done, he changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, climbing into bed and laying down, once again happy with how his day went.