The Night Before

"How could he do this to me? How could your sister let him do this to..." She trailed off, a crazy gleam in her eyes. "They were in this together! Mark Hatchford! Did you know anything about this?? I swear to God! If you were in on it too!" 

A fresh cup of expresso sat in front of her as she sat at their breakfast bar, she looked like she had just slept through a tornado, her hair was all messy and knotty, her face looked like a pig's breakfast. Far from her normally perfect look.

"I had no idea of your little plan or theirs, Mia darling!" He told her, taking his vitamins.  "You used...Julian Lennon to enhance yourself and your party! And they caught on...God! No wonder my relationship with Emmaline is strained!"  

"Oh, It's always been fucking strained!" She snapped "You were always the second best child of Robert and Jane!" 

"Robert Hatchford, was the best fucking father I ever had, Amelia!" Mark snarled "because my biological father fucking walked out on me and Mum! Robert loved Mum!" 

"Bet he loved Elizabeth more...your Mum was just..."

Mark threw his coffee mug down and it smashed violently when it hit the floor. "Don't you have some cleaning up to do?" 

"You threw that party for me, Mark!"

 "Yep...and you HAD to have it didn't you!" He snapped back "I'm going for a run!" 

*

Julian waited for his flight back home. The airport in Honolulu was bustling with busy people coming and going. 

Across the terminal, Emmaline waited for her flight home to Brisbane.  

He chewed on his lip and decided to call Justin.

"There's my guy!" Justin said happily as soon as he answered the phone. "I am here and waiting for you to get home so we can sort out these bloody cassette tapes...Julian Lennon this looks like a fucking epidemic! Ready for studio time??"

"Justin, mate...Emmaline is waiting for her flight home across the terminal and all I want to do is to go with her!" He told him. "Justin Clayton...I'm in love!" 

"Of course you are! I coulda told you that! But, we have some serious recording to do! Life must go on!" Justin told him "you'll see her soon enough! She'll probably pine for you once she gets home and invite you to Brisbane!" 

"You think so?"

"Jules, I KNOW so!" 

"Mate, you're just saying that to get me on this plane that's just come to the gate!" Julian said.

"Yes, I am...but I also know that you'll get on it!" Justin answered.

"I don't want to Justin..."  Julian argued, he truly was torn.

"I know Jules, but we REALLY have to get this work done Mate!" Justin continued to tell him."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right aren't you?"

"Put it this way, you two end up getting together she'll be yours...then you'll be with her day and night.....annoying the crap out of each other"

"We get on fine right now, thank you!"  

"Yes but you're still in the honeymoon stage! The 'we can do no wrong stage'...get to know each other completely and be married for a decade and see if you still tell me 'we get along fine!' 

"Justin, we're not even married. How can we be in the honeymoon stage?"

"You're in the honeymoon stage and you bloody well know it, Lennon! You two are in the cute stage! You don't think your careers will collide?"

His question took him back slightly, he couldn't deny it. "And just what do you mean by that?" He was very quick to ask.

"Well..." Justin began, knowing Julian took everything he said seriously. "What if she's so attached to the hospitals she works at, that she won't want to..."

"I'm adaptable! We can use my place in Italy as our getaway! I don't mind having more than one home! There is only one Emmaline, Justin!"

"I know! Just...take it slow Jules! Those videos look like they could harm your reputation and hard work! Not to mention you were clearly used for your name!"

"Which it's nothing new! It comes with being John Lennon's son!" He then noticed that his flight was being called. "Look, I gotta get on this plane, see you in about sixteen hours!"

"I wish you had never gone to Egypt, Jules..." He said to no one.

*

Emmaline got back to Brisbane about ten hours later

Emmaline got back to Brisbane about ten hours later. She went straight to the boarding kennel and picked up Mawko.

The Siberian Husky cross Wolf was very happy to see her. 

"You have an amazing dog!" The lady said as she handed Mawko's leash over to Emmaline. 

"Oh, she is! She is a wonderful dog! My best friend really! Be lost without her!" The Doctor offered her praises for her beautiful blue eyed dog.  

The bitch looked up and half barked, half howled in excitement.

"I owe her a treat day! And that's just what I'm going to do!" Emmaline announced, paying the owner of the luxurious boarding kennel and together she and Mawko headed out to the Doctor's immaculate XE Jaguar in black.

"So what shall we have done for you Mawko? The lot?" Emmaline asked the gorgeous dog as she headed to her favourite dog grooming place called Paddington Pups.

The dog howled happily she sat beside Emmaline in the front seat of the Jaguar, clipped into a special harness, Mawko's safety and wellbeing was Emmaline's number one responsibility and priority.

When the dog walked into the centre, everyone noticed.

"Well here's our wonder doctor! London, Cairo, the beaches of California...Julian Lennon!" Annie, the receptionist said with a grin.

Emmaline was a regular with Mawko, having been going since early 2013.   

 "It's a good life! Someone's gotta do it!" Emmalie said with a grin back, "Mawko is all ready for her ultimate treat day as I owe it to her! Can you make my girl look gorgeous??"

"Please! Are you a real Doctor?" Annie asked in return as she took Mawko's leash. "Come through Emmaline! And let us make you stunningly gorgeous Miss Mawko!"