A Taste of Honey

Dedicated to anyone who is a fan of the show Gotham!

The vibrating of Julian's phone roused him from his slumber but Stella's demanding presence in the suite jolted him awake.

"Sir!" She breathed "Her Excellency is about to sit down to an early breakfast! The cast has just left The Stamford Plaza and will still be another twelve minutes! She must be taking an even earlier breakfast!" 

"Thank you, Stella!" He said as he rushed out of the suite.

 She was already dressed and was a bit confused as to why the chef and his team weren't bringing her breakfast out as she had asked. She had so much work to do today she wanted to get a head start, and this wasn't what she needed.

She didn't know Julian had cleared half her day with Clayton.

Julian had told them to stall her as much as they could, they knew about the surprise for the Governor and were currently cooking up and serving a full continental and hot breakfast outside in the Pavillion.

When Julian burst into the dining room, phone in hand a text from Sean to say they were on their way, Emmaline looked up at him, surprised "You don't need to join me, darling, I just want to have an early breakfast so I can get stuck into all this work I've got to do! This week is jampacked with morning teas, dinners, five school visits, you've got your first exhibition opening over at the Gallery of Modern Art at Southbank, my usual meeting at parliament house on Thursday...we may have to take an hour out of my day just for us! And don't forget, on Friday we are off up north to Bundaberg then up to Cairns!"

He poured her a glass of freshly squeezed juice.  

This was good, he just had to keep her talking, keep her distracted....but he knew it wouldn't be an easy feat.

Dr Emmaline Lennon had a mind as sharp as a razor.

He handed her the crystal glass, "Do you have time today to come and see my exhibit all set up before it opens on Wednesday?" 

"I've made sure I have nothing on for a few hours, Julian can you go and see what's taking the chef so long??" She growled. "If he's going to be like that I'll just go straight into my study and start my day!"  

"Oh no Sweetness, have your breakfast! You can't start your day, your immense workload on a nearly empty stomach! Enjoy your juice and I'll go and see him, in fact, I'll sit down with you and that way I can get stuck into my work early too!"

The kitchen team had everything ready for breakfast out in the beautiful Pavillion, The Pavilion was constructed in 2001, and replaced redundant dressing rooms adjacent to the tennis court. The building provided additional flexibility in hosting community events at Government House and was the perfect setting for Emmaline's breakfast.

"The cast has entered Fernberg Rd, Mr Lennon, they are moments away" Clayton informed him. "Her Excellency is still down in the dining room."

"Right, can you and Stella welcome them into the house and then take them to The Pavillion?" He asked, "Or just take them straight down perhaps?" 

Clayton smiled as Stella came to stand with him, the minibus carrying the cast had pulled up in the top driveway. Pulling up right at the side entrance, parking just in front of the Rolls Royce.   

"Holy crap!" Donal whistled "does she have a Rolls as her daily drive?? Look at it?? It's something the Queen of England would be seen waving in!" 

Ben held Morena's hand. 

"She's in for a surprise!" She said and as the door opened, they all began to hop out.

They were dressed nicely, semi-formal even, not too relaxed but still classy.