That'll Be The Day

The gorgeous Miss Mawko and the playful Mr Winston

Harvey finally joined them.

"Well, Mark is pissed!" He announced to them, "says he's on the first flight to Brisbane to put me in my place for imprisoning his Mia. I haven't imprisoned the crazy bitch yet, but I bloody well will!" 

Emmaline looked worried. "Family eh, Uncle?" 

"She lied about the details regarding me and her wanting me to perform, Harvey," Julian said, gently rubbing Emmaline's back soothingly.

"Yes" Emmaline agreed "Mia actually thought Imagine was Julian's hit, and Saltwater was John's, Uncle" 

Harvey shook his head and laughed. "I'll try and talk some sense into Mark, Kitten. Perhaps he might listen to me and then pull his wife into line, or leave her altogether. I prefer that option!"

"And what happens if they don't leave Emmaline alone, Harvey?" Julian asked, dead serious.

Harvey gave his shoulder a reassuring rub "They're not above the law! I bet if you told that lovely best friend Tilly of yours, Emmie, she'll be able to tell you exactly what I am now, stop worrying! I'll shake them both up enough to leave you alone!"

Julian eyed the detective "I have my house in Italy and my little place in Monaco, on standby if I need it!"

The detective smiled and said, "If it makes you feel better Son" 

Emmaline tapped his arm gently "Shouldn't we get to the airport, Julian? Winston's flight should have landed by now!"

"Winston?" Harvey questioned. 

"My Golden Retriever, Harvey" Julian explained.

"My, you two are serious aren't you?" He grinned "moving your dog in when you've stayed with my niece for just how long now?" 

"I don't know how long I'm staying here hence why I haven't booked my Winston into a boarding kennel back home in Italy! And Emmaline said she'd be happy to take him in!" 

Harvey laughed "you'll end up living here Lennon, I assure you! Anyway, lovebirds...I have an afternoon tea date!"

"You?? Uncle??" Emmaline grinned. 

"Afternoon tea?" Julian joined in, he too grinning. 

"Yes! And?? I met this lovely lady a couple of weeks ago, she's booked us in at the Stamford Plaza Brisbane Hotel's for the Spirit of Queensland Lobby High Tea!" He said back playfully. "Don't think I'm too old for love Kitten, last I checked, didn't you just turn fifty?" 

Emmaline was about to bite back when his phone received a text.

He put his glasses on to read and soon a small, delighted smile could be seen.

"Uncle Harvey??" She said again.

"Would you lovebirds like to join Sylvie and I? She has just informed me that there are four seats available not two at the 3 pm sitting! I'll pay, you two just go and get Winston, and see you at The Stamford Plaza at say a quarter to three? And the attire is Smart Casual"

Emmaline looked at Julian, her arm around his "What do you think?" 

"I think it's a great idea! Get out of the house and mingle with people we know, plus I won't say no to a High Tea, I am British by birth after all!"

"Excellent!!" Harvey ginned, kissing and hugging his niece, then shaking Julian's hand. "See you both in a couple of hours!" 

*