Leave My Kitten Alone

With razor-sharp hearing, Gracie knocked her cup of water flying when she heard the car enter the main driveway as she bolted for the side entrance.

"Gracie Lennon!" Stella scolded to no one.

It was well and truly dark as she stood at the door, trying desperately to see if her mother was in the car. 

Her heart fell when she watched Julian and Logan get out. 

"Where is she, Logan?" She asked, the tears threatening "Where is Mum? Why couldn't you find her? It's dark!! And she's all alone!!" 

Julian held her tightly in his arms, hugging her and kissing her. 

"Why doesn't she just come home, Dad?? We're not mad at her! We just want her home, safe and so we can make sure she's okay!"

"I know sweetheart! I know! As soon as the sun is up in the morning, I am going back out to look for her!" He tried to reassure her.

"Do you think she's given up on us and just left Dad?" She dared to ask as he led her up the stairs, Stella hadn't been able to get her into the bath.

"No sweetie, she's just had a terrible, shocker of a day," He said, "I'm sure she's doing okay, she has lived in this city all her life!"

*

"Dr Hatchford??" Father Gerry Karwoski said as he opened the doors to St Brigid's Catholic Church in Red Hill, for the Governor.

St Brigid's was just a five-minute drive from Government House. 

"Forgive me, Father...for I have sinned" she sobbed, looking an absolute wreck. 

*

"Logan put the call out that she's missing, please!" Julian told the detective. 

"Use The Governor's website, Instagram account... anything you need Detective Wolf" Clayton added.

"Of course, I will get onto it now!" He said, his laptop bag in his hand.

"I need to get Gracie into the bath," He told Harvey's longtime friend "be with you when I can!"

Logan set up his laptop in Emmaline's study, smiling at the new photo frame on her desk, it was taken in Liverpool, the two of them were just in the frame and their smiles were contagious. It was just before he walked her down the aisle to become Dr Lennon officially.

"Where are you, sweet Emmaline?" He said to no one as his laptop booted up. "You need to come home darling, you have a family now and they are worried sick!"

Several other photo frames sat proudly on her desk, Harvey and Holly, her parents, her four grandparents, her brother, Sean and Charlotte, she and Julian, Justin, Mark Spiro, Timothy White and one of her favourites, her photos with the cast of Gotham, and now the Lennon family, Julian, herself and Gracie.

"Can I get you something to drink, Detective?" Stella offered, popping her head around the door.

"A cup of coffee with a splash of whisky would be lovely, Stella" he beamed "white, no sugars and if you can not in those fancy gold teacups Emmie drinks from when she has guests over!" 

He selected a few photos and they went live to the Governor's website, then on her Instagram account the finally he uploaded all her details onto the missing persons website with the Australian Federal Police.

Immediately he received a bit of response but none that could actually help him.

A lot was just concern, but promises they would be on the lookout of the Governor, some even thanked him for letting them know.