On The Phone

Julian literally had to pry the phone from Emmaline's hand as she stood there, in shock.

"Sylvie? Are you still there? Yes, it's me, Julian, Emmaline's a little in shock at the moment!" He said watching over his girlfriend carefully.

"So sorry Julian, I didn't mean to worry her! She returns to work today, doesn't she?? Oh, dear...maybe I shouldn't have called her!" Sylvie apologised, feeling terrible.

"Sylvie, you did the right thing by calling, but I'm sure Harvey and Wolf will be fine! They've had decades of experience between them!" He reassured her, with a smile. "They're no rookies!" 

"No Julian, but they ARE seventy-five and seventy-six!" She argued. "And you know what time they flew out? Ten thirty last night! I didn't even hear him go! Ohh, Julian! What am I going to do with him??"  

Julian pulled Emaline in close to him, to bring her back to the real world. She seemed to snap out of it and put her arms around him, hugging him close, trying to cling to something real and familiar. 

"Have faith in them, Sylvie, for years, Harvey and Wolf were the BEST detectives in the city of Brisbane! And put it this way, they're doing this for family! Won't it be great to know for sure that Emmaline is no longer in danger?!"

Sylvie softened, Harvey wasn't trying to show off or be a big shot, he was doing this for his only niece, the only blood he had left. 

"Oh how much he loves his Kitten, Julian!" She said, proudly. "I even think that he's a father figure to her!"

"He is Sylvie! He is! After all, he knew both her Mother and Father!" Julian said.

"Her Mother was a wonderful nurse! I had her one day whilst in hospital!" Sylvie told him. "And now, I'm actually dating her brother! Oh, sorry...enough about me!"

 Julian smiled "no, no...it's fine Sylvie! It's fine! I understand that you are worried, and so is Emmaline..."

"Are you worried, Julian?" She asked.

He rubbed Emmaline's back soothingly with his free hand and checked the time "You're going to be late, dear. Or do you want to call and say you're not coming in?" He whispered.

She kissed him back and broke from his embrace "I'll head to work! Keep my mind off of Uncle  Harvey! Text me to let me know if you take Miss Mawko for her walk or not!" 

He smiled "Have a great day, darling! See you this afternoon! I'll prepare something special for dinner!"  

One last kiss and she was gone, to the garage.

"Well shit hey?!" Harvey marvelled as he and Wolf were driven to their accommodation

"Well shit hey?!" Harvey marvelled as he and Wolf were driven to their accommodation. "Isn't this place just..."

"Too tropical for me!" Wolf complained, "look at that beach for example..."