Ask Me Why

"Hello, brother of mine! Welcome to our lovely home while I am Governor!" She greeted him as she came into the room and he stood up and instantly opened his arms for a hug

"Hello, Sister! Sorry for being so standoffish at Uncle Harvey's funeral" he said, giving her a hug and a kiss to her cheek. 

"I miss that man Mark!" She said thinking of her beloved Harvey. 

"I know Emmaline, I miss him too!" He said as they headed through The Drawing Room to the verandah.

 *

Upstairs, Julian wasn't just writing a song for his Emmaline he had a treat to arrange for her, and now was a perfect time, to help give her a reason to smile again, and not just because she was Governor. 

He had managed to get in touch with Sean Pertwee, who played Alfred Pennyworth in the hit series Gotham, one of Emmaline's favourite shows. 

"Hello, is this Mr Sean Pertwee?" He asked his phone to his ear.

"Yes, it is, who is calling?"

"Hello Sean, it's Julian Lennon here, I sent you an email regarding a favour I need,  not for me, for my Sweetness" 

"Ah, a lovely lady in your life!" Sean said with a smile "what's her name?"

"Her name is Emmaline, and she loves Gotham!" He said, "I was hoping to get as many cast members to come for a breakfast, a surprise breakfast for her!"

"And is she British like you?" 

"No, she's an Australian, we live in Brisbane and I will tell you now, she is the current Governor of Queensland" 

"So address her properly, Your Excellency, then Ma'am," He said, "when were you thinking, count me in, Julian!"   

"You know how to address a Governor?" He asked the actor.

"I'm British, your Emmaline is her Majesty's representative for Queensland, so when were you thinking so I can get in touch with some of the gang?"

 "Well, when are you available?" He asked.

"Work around her schedule, Julian!" Sean advised.

"Can I just check? Sorry, Sean" He said.

"No worries Mate, the last thing you want to do is get us in when she's got something on!"  

He had headed down the stairs and had found Clayton "Oh Clayton, can you get me the Governor's diary for the next month? I'm trying to arrange a surprise breakfast for her with some of the cast from Gotham"

"Yes sir," he said, going to get it from her study.

Julian followed his phone still to his ear. "Still there, Sean?"

"Yes Julian," he said as John's boy looked through the diary that Clayton had left opened on Emmaline's desk.

"So, in three weeks, Saturday the eighteenth of May, we only have a state dinner on that night," Julian said.

Sean chuckled "only a State Dinner, Mate?"

"Yeah" Julian chuckled "We've already had one, we had the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, I just get nervous! It's just a whole new world for me and for her!"

"First State Dinner and you have British Royalty?" Sean said, "no wonder you're nervous! So the eighteenth of May? I'm free, and I will get onto Ben, and Donal and David, and Corey and Robin, and whoever else I can get to come!"

"Is that their real names? I watch it with Emmaline but don't know as much as her!" 

"Yes Julian, Ben played Detective Jim Gordon, Donal played Detective Harvey Bullock..."      

Restoration in the Riverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें